Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: TV coverage of current "Contagion" events.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries

TV coverage of current "Contagion" events.

At least two such events are now in play and can be used as the basis of a study on the garbage served by the media the world over:

A)"Greek State Sovereign collapse" amounting to 110 bil US $, amply covered, and ...

B)The BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill:What it will finally cost to taxpayers and the environment is anybody's guess but it certainly looks to be MUCH bigger a problem than the previous.Nevertheless the media barons downplay it.

Here is a good and rare link:

http://oilprice.com/Environment/Oil-...-Disaster.html

....and another on A):

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article19327.html

Regards from Athens!
    Last edited by yanni; 05-09-2010 at 02:24 PM.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought:

With below freezing temperatures at this depth, another way to plug the gusher could be to place the dome back on and then pump it full with warm sweet water and let it freeze.

Provided the dome is designed and constructed with an appropriate piping system aimed to evenly distribute sweet water within.

And is heavy enough to prevent it balooning up when filled (or a heavier than salt water sweet mix is pumped).
    Last edited by yanni; 05-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yanni View Post
    At least two such events are now in play and can be used as the basis of a study on the garbage served by the media the world over:

A)"Greek State Sovereign collapse" amounting to 110 bil US $, amply covered, and ...

B)The BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill:What it will finally cost to taxpayers and the environment is anybody's guess but it certainly looks to be MUCH bigger a problem than the previous.Nevertheless the media barons downplay it.

garbage how?
    Last edited by Haunted; 05-09-2010 at 02:38 PM.

"But do you really, seriously, Major Scobie," Dr. Sykes asked, "believe in hell?"
    "Oh, yes, I do."
    "In flames and torment?"
    "Perhaps not quite that. They tell us it may be a permanent sense of loss."
    "That sort of hell wouldn't worry me," Fellowes said.
    "Perhaps you've never lost anything of importance," Scobie said.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    garbage how?
    It's called disorientation and it's on 24/7!

Banned
    I completely agree with Yanni on this point.

Consider this. Bankers sit down and play with figures all day long. International bankers do so every day of their lives. The same in Greece as in Iceland or any other country. The can and do ruin entire nations. Their reports, their analysis, their policies are, of course, commercially secret. But if it all goes horribly wrong the national economies plunge. Isn't that exactly what happened in Greece and Iceland ? And who picks up the bill ? You've guessed it - the general public. The news announced in highly sanitised broadcasts. 'Austerity measures' etc. Banknotes are printed and the credit system just keeps growing.

A company sitting in some far away place now decides the bonds of the Greek nation are 'junk'. So what happens ? The result is - chaos. And everyone starts believing the Greek people and the Icelandic people are profligate, irresponsible people ! It's amazing.

Blame these crashes on the people. Get them to be enslaved by it. Isn't that the story everywhere ? So predator banksters do as they please. And the bill is always paid by the people. Great, yes ?

And who are the 'fall guys' in this globalist nonsense ? Why, it's the ordinary people, of course. The stage managed enslavement of entire nations. Paving the way to the future Credit Unioned, microchipped, sanitised 'rescue' from the globalist government.
    Last edited by Musicology; 05-10-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    I
    A company sitting in some far away place now decides the bonds of the Greek nation are 'junk'.

The same credit rating agencies that gave an AAA rating to the Collateralized Debt Obligations that brought about the near collapse of the banking system.
    Goldman Sachs, and others involved in the scandal, the SEC and the credit rating agencies should be hung up by their ears for their greed and irresponsible behaviour.

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    A company sitting in some far away place now decides the bonds of the Greek nation are 'junk'. So what happens ? The result is - chaos. And everyone starts believing the Greek people and the Icelandic people are profligate, irresponsible people ! It's amazing.

It goes much deeper then that, I am afraid:

-Goldman Sacks has been advising the new (late 09) greek government "how to run the economy".

-The swedish rerpresentative at Ecofin lastnight spoke of "self inflicted" damage when describing the pack of wolves behaviour that initiated Greece's collapse.

Still, developments of BP's "Oil Volcano" seem far more "promising".
    Last edited by yanni; 05-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanni View Post

It goes much deeper then that, I am afraid:

-Goldman Sacks has been advising the new (late 09) greek government "how to run the economy".

-The swedish rerpresentative at Ecofin lastnight spoke of "self inflicted" damage when describing the pack of wolves behaviour that initiated Greece's collapse.

Still, developments of BP's "Oil Volcano" seem far more "promising".

Yes I was aware of that Goldman Sachs has been involved in manipulating Greece's debt.

Blog Entries
    I found it slightly amusing that this oil spill occurred at the same time oil companies were trying to get Canada to lax up their regulations for off-shore oil platforms.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...socialcomments

Canada requires that companies show they are capable of constructing relief wells instead of using other emergency relief methods, like the ones that didn't work in the gulf.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Blog Entries
    I don't care one way or the other on these issues, but isn't this current events?
    {edit}
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 05-11-2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: keep it off the boards
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

publisher wanted
    Blog Entries
    "This is the first time we have reported zero trading loss days in a quarter," said Samuel Robinson, a Goldman Sachs spokesman. "We believe it shows the strength of our customer franchise and risk management."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Yes I was aware of that Goldman Sachs has been involved in manipulating Greece's debt.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    I don't care one way or the other on these issues, but isn't this current events?
    Yes, the events discussed are too closely related to current politics.

Discussion of current politics is not allowed.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~