Thread: Who was this person?

Who was this person?

Geneva or King James version has this in Judges 49:31:

There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah.

I wonder if anyone has a thought or two regarding who the person was that buried Leah?

puzzled

Sorry to be Mr. Corrector on this thread too, but I believe you're referring to Genesis 49:31.

If so, looking back in the same paragraph you find these words are being spoken by Jacob. v. 29 Then he gave them these instructions...v.33 When Jacob had finished giving instructions to his sons...

This makes sense since Leah was Jacob's wife (one of several, don't go there ) and his father and grandfather were buried there each with their respective wife.

cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by togre View Post
    Sorry to be Mr. Corrector on this thread too, but I believe you're referring to Genesis 49:31.

If so, looking back in the same paragraph you find these words are being spoken by Jacob. v. 29 Then he gave them these instructions...v.33 When Jacob had finished giving instructions to his sons...

This makes sense since Leah was Jacob's wife (one of several, don't go there ) and his father and grandfather were buried there each with their respective wife.

Glad you pointed it out. I was in middle of comparing verses from KJAV Genesis and Judges with Geneva versions, and should have been more careful. Thanks very much.

As to your reply, I got in the end. Israel (Jacob) is the one speaking, although, I think, it is not all that clear.

Genesis 49:29:
    And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered
    unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the
    field of Ephron the Hittite,

Genesis 49:30
    In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace.

Genesis 49:31
    There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried
    Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah.

He was very careful to point to the correct burial cave thus three verses.

thanks again friend, and your corrections are much appreciated.