Thread: Unwanted Citizen

Unwanted Citizen

Unwanted Citizen

My name is Araneae Anthropoda, I am spindly and unwanted. I have eight hands, but no-one wants to hold them, I have eight eyes, but cannot shed a single tear. I am hated by millions, and loved by few, I hide from everyone, fear encapsulates my life. I have spent a hundred hours building my home, you knock it down in less than a second. My one goal in life is to survive, is that so bad? Have I ever hurt you? Do I scream when I see you naked in the shower? Are there songs about you drowning, sung by children with such glee? No. I havenít, I donít and you donít. You say I scuttle, you say I sneak around. But it is you who sneaks around, you slither like a snake between your many lovers. I stay hidden, in the corner, in fear for my life. I know your secrets but I will never tell. I clean your house of flies, and ask only in return of one square inch of your home. Is that too much? Is it too much that I ask you not to scream? Not to stamp not to swipe and not to shout? Destruction is your species legacy. Death fills your mind. Entertainment you call it. I kill only to live. It does not entertain me. The only entertainment in my life is living itself. I wasnít born pretty but I survive, I work hard even when I have a thousand mouths to feed, there is no government fund to help me in my world. My children are killed in the hundreds but there is no investigation, it is not called genocide. Stop and think. I will not judge you. I will not hold a grudge. My name is Aranea Anthropoda, and all I want is to be loved.

I understand that this isnt directly poetry, its prose poetry...I didnt know where to post it.

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is as good a place to have posted it as any. It truly is prose-poetry and a very moving piece. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Squish!