Hello everyone - first post on these forums. Firstly I have to be honest, I searched around to find a forum I could post my story on, which is pretty selfish I know. I have this assignment at University which requires me to create this story, however I need critique and feedback from outside my group of friends, and preferably outside the module. If anyone could take a look through this and then post a reply with the filled out questionaire, I'd really appreciate it!

Secondly, this is not really your everyday short story, it's more of a group of short stories. If anyone has read any 'Choose your own adventure' books or some 'Goosebumps' books, then you will sort of know what I mean. You play the main character, and are given choices through the game. Each story is relatively short - a short story, but you are the one who picks it.

So, if you're still here, great! The requirements were for it to be in html format, so basically what you need to do is to download it (which shouldn't take more than 5 seconds - it's 30kb!), extract the folder anywhere, then open index.html to start the game/story.

You can download the story here: http://www.filefront.com/15958197/Heavens%20Blade.zip

If you could please play through the story once (or a few times if you really like, especially if you fall into one particular decision that I think I'm going to remove soon!), then copy and complete the questionaire below, replying to this topic, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks.

To play the story, open index.html. Please play through this story one time and then answer the following questions:

-Did you understand what to do?

-Which branch did you take? (Name the final page you were on)

-Is there a particular reason why you chose this route?

-Were you happy with the way it ended?

-Do you feel you understand why that outcome happened? Did it make sense to you?

-If not, why?

-Did you enjoy playing through it?

-Would you play it again?

-Can you suggest any possible changes?

-Did you encounter any errors within the game?

Out of 5 (5 being the best), how would you rate:
-the story?
-the characters?
-the playability?
-the freedom?

Thank you for filling this out.