Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: It's So Over-rated. . . .

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's So Over-rated. . . .

We all enjoy a good rant or quip about what's over rated. Shall we here indulge?

Over-rated: Nietzsche & Pink Floyd -- like acne, body piercings, and mac & cheese, Nietzsche and Pink Floyd seemed so important when I was angst-y teen and, later, a cliche-ish intellectual. But, upon further review, they just seem so overrated.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    I have NEVER cared for or watched these...but it seems that MOST people think they are great...

Reality Shows are OVER-RATED...
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    I have NEVER cared for or watched these...but it seems that MOST people think they are great...

Oh man -- I was so hooked on Survivor I: we even had a dinner party where we ate rice from coconut bowls for the season finality. But after that, meh. I agree, overrated.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    Shall we here indulge?
    Indeed we shall: Cooking Shows are OVER-RATED...

Rant coming up: They seem to have spread over all channels to such an extent that changing channels no longer help, and I am so fed up with them that if I see just one more I may (insert proper smilie here). Come up with something new, someone... Please. If I want cooking I can go to the kitchen, for crying out loud.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

I was all about the first few seasons of the Real World where they actually did something other then go to the bar.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    TV in general is overrated, in my opinion. After living for five months without one, I surprised myself last Christmas and bought one. But I turn it on only twice a week.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

The word overated is overated.

Blog Entries
    While I like movies, I feel that the act of going to the movies is overrated. There is little point to it since the darn thing is just going to come out on DVD later, plus it's always so expensive. My hubby loves it but I really don't get it.
    Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. ~Jewish Proverb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
    The word overated is overated.
    You underrate the word overrated, dear sir or madam.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Life is overrated.. meh feel the angst
    Kids though, kids are definatley overated. They are NOT cute they are NOT adorable when they throw temertantrums decide to bite me, talk back or hit (or slap) me, us mybrand new top as a tissue.... MISSwe don't like you et out! orOh go noot you again..
    lets see wha else oh yes folowing me intoshops and makin supid comments about everything I buy tillthe shopkeeper doesnt even ralise I am thre becusehe can't see me... stupid tall teenagers... an worst of all damaging an ripping my new books and break bok spines so all the pages just fallout!
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    YES Nietzsche is totally overrated. Ugh.

Some animals are overrated too. Monkeys, dolphins, elephants, bleh! Who needs 'em?

A Clockwork Orange? Overrated!
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

I'm so offended haha.

I think Kant is overrated by far. I think Schopenhauer would appeal to angsty teenagers more than Nietzsche. Nietzsche & Schopenhauer influenced Freuds theories, especially Schopenhauer... Freud was also overrated.

Nietzsche probably is overrated in a way... Too many people have been inspired by his philosophy, and the inspirations at times are at odds with each other. Too many people have "rated him" and been influenced by his books when they were not meant to be that massively read.. He referred to his books as for the few. I think he'd rather be underrated. You know too many people are reading him and misinterpreting him when Zionists and Nazis both lay claim to him as an inspiration.
    Last edited by Nietzsche; 03-25-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    "I teach you the Übermensch. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him? … What is ape to man? A laughing stock or painful embarrassment. And man shall be that to the Übermensch" -- from Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

Blog Entries
    Guess what? Edgar Allan Poe? Yeah. Overrated.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post

Jersey Shore is the sh*t - it is genius stuff

Eating out is overrated. Most restaurant food is just OK at best - even the more expensive restaurants

I have found one really great mom-and-pop restaurant that really serves delicious food where I live - one

Blog Entries
    Name Brands (especially clothing Logos) are overrated...
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast