Thread: signed coppy of Les Miserables

signed coppy of Les Miserables

I found coppies of Les miserables (I) and Les Miserables (II) with signatures in the back of them I was hoping to get some information on them. Les Miserables (II) is signed by Andrew Louis Radinovich July 15, 1956, and Crosby Minnesol (the last letter of the name i can not figure out) also has the name Nrbain Fabre at least that is what it looks like.

Les miserables (I) has alot more signatures in it I will list a few of them
    Mabiel Dunn 24-Chubby
    Frances Folts 24-Fransie
    Dorothy Tripp 24-Dot
    Inez David 24 Tapper
    Paula Cody 24 Lestereta
    Teresa McDonald 24 Bill
    Opal Birk 24 Orphia

I am not sure if the 24 after every name is for the year and the name after the 24 is maybe the character. My thought is maybe it is signed by actors that played parts in the play in 1924. I realy have no clue any information would be great

I also a copy of les mis tome 6 from 1862 signed by "don de M Boeher" in october 1877 (not sure about the name - doy? )

It is the 6th book in the volume but I cant find a similar description online. Its titled Marius.

It's a gift of Mr Boeher. ('don' comes from 'donner'='to give')

For the rest, it's probably an obscure signed copy of someone who gave it to someone else.
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Quote Originally Posted by kiki1982 View Post
    It's a gift of Mr Boeher. ('don' comes from 'donner'='to give')

For the rest, it's probably an obscure signed copy of someone who gave it to someone else.
    Very cool - thanks!! I rescued 20 boxes of old french books from a trash compactor and this was one of them, along with a bunch of sir william scott and other victor hugo books. They had no idea what they were throwing out.