This is a story I wrote a bit back on my website, and its actually a series... To give you a quick filler - This guys senses usually strengthen when drinking, instead of diminish. - mymorningstory.com

The bar was packed for a night of fun with the White collar people. These kind of people don’t generally grace their presence inside of a bar, but given all the cheese and crackers, what upper class-man could resist? The night was still pretty young, and Jay had just arrived to an un-typical night, by all means. He was used to the bartender wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He was used to the three drunks that played darts all night, but he wasn’t used to this.

This was absurd, it was radical in every form, and Jay wasn’t fond of it. He had to drink, he had to do what he did to save the world, one crime at a time. Jay sat down at the bar stool, and had him self some cheese. Not because cheese tasted good, but because it was free. Just because he saved lives, doesn’t mean he was rich by any means. He was just Jay, in a Jay kinda world. This bar is Jays world, and its here that life exists, and it’s here that he feels the most alive.

His wife was at home with the kids putting them into bed, taking care of the home. She knows what Jay does. She understands what he has to do. Its not easy being Jay, but she is happy having a man like jay. The children have no idea what Jay does, nor do they really care. They only know that he is the mailman, and all mailmen are crazy according to Jay.

8:00 PM struck the room, and the first glass of wine hit Jays lips. The taste filled his mouth, the idea of grapes hanging off of a pergola rattled through his brain. He was happy, relaxed and ready. The couple behind him was already arguing about meaningless nothings, but he ignored them waiting for the big issues to appear. The bartender was being treated well, and paid nicely tonight. This was only good, because Jay was being fed more alcohal then he could ever remember. “You Never move this fast behind that bar!” He said to her.

“Yeah, well – Your my steady income, but you sure as **** don’t pay like these people do!”

The night wore on, and the wine did to. On a typical night, Jay would hear no crimes, and walk home. A typical night, Jay would drink Sam Adams or Heineken for hours straight trying to awaken his senses, as highly as he could. This night wasn’t like any of those nights.

“I am ****kn Trashkd!” He said outloud, al though no one was listening. It didn’t make any sense, “This Never happens!” Jay thought to himself. Then again, Jay never had wine before, and didn’t think it would be any different… Oh, but it was… He soon decided, that it was probably best to get the **** off the seat, and try to go home. He does live only a few blocks away. Upon standing up, he fell to the floor smashing the stool into a man, and that man fell into a woman, and that woman fell into another woman. and so on.

“What the ****” – someone screamed from a distance.

“I’m ua. SuoRry! I AM!” Jay said, getting back to his feet, only to be hit square in the jaw by the man he recently knocked over. The bar fight became huge. He faught back, doing what he does best! FIGHT!

Picking up the wine bottle he smashed it open on the bar, opening the shard edges to tear the man apart. “You want some of this! Your going to pay pal!”

BAM! SMASH! BOOM!

Jay was knocked out cold, from the stool hit over his head from behind. The police came, recognized their local hero and took him home.

“Don’t drink wine anymore Jay! We need you around these parts!”