Thread: I need some help

I need some help

Hello, i'm new to the site and the forum and was wondering if I could ask all you good people for some help. I am 16 years old and need a poem about 'changing worlds'. Nothing too hard so i can properly analyse it, it should be between 3 and 7 minutes reading time. I appreciate your help. Thankyou.

Bill

Wordsworth's "intimations of immortality" ode might be a good one. kind of an introspective poem tho, following the developement and changes in an individual's life from cradle to grave, but a very nice poem.

Auden's "September 1,1939" is a poem written just after Hitler invaded Poland, (i hope i have my history right), and made his intention's clear. This is quite a powerfully poem and reveals how catastrophe can dull our praise for humanity. not quite sure if i got the title right.

Frost's "nothing gold can stay" is a nice poem about the changing of the season's and maybe other thing's too.

This is probably too late of a reply to your call for help but I wanted to let you know that a GREAT poem about your subject is "The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service. Since I am new to this site, I am unsure if you will find it here (although I don't see why not). I have found a copy of it on the web, tho. It is mine and my father's favorite poem ever. A real homage to rythmn and rhyme. Good luck to you.