Thread: Favorite New Books

Favorite New Books

Hello to everyone, as I am new here, I would like to see what everyone likes in terms of new books. I'll go first and post a little something about a book I just read that I would highly recommend.

I wanted to find a new book that I could enjoy, tried some I didn't much care for, nothing that really fit a good Fantasy/Adventure type book. But then I stumbled on Ruby of the Realms. I was hesitant at first about a book meant for a middle-grade to YA audience, but then I remembered that I loved Harry Potter so I figured I would give it a try.

I was not disappointed. This debut novel was one of the best I have read in the last year or so. The new world this author created was familiar enough to understand but at the same time completely unique and breathtaking. The only time I was let down was when I reached the end and there was nothing more to read. I can't wait for more from this author!

What other new books to you guys like(and if you like Ruby of the Realms I would love to discuss it!)

In the past I've read books, than gone to the movies that were based on the book. I went alone to the evening shows. It was fun, however I think that a lot of the new movies are too long these days. I wouldn't want to sit there for three hours. So any new book in which there are plans to have them made into movies are potential reading list candidates, otherwise I'll pass.

Hmm.. a favorite new book.

I enjoyed Water for Elephants, and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I'm pretty sure those are the 'newest' things I've read as of late.

I like Malcolm Gladwell, a non fiction writer. I have read his Blink and the tipping point. He is really amazing in his expression

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Cool How about ....

Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut.