Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Days 'Till You Die

Blog Entries

3 Days 'Till You Die

The concept here is simple, you have 3 days exactly until you die. How is not really important, say ohhhh I dunno, being crushed by piano or something.

The important thing is, if you knew it was exactly three days till the end, how would you spend your time?

Would you ransack the country, plundering and murdering as you went? Spend it with a loved one? Wander into the wilderness?

Do tell

Blog Entries
    Go to church.

Nah, little bit late for that, but I may stop there anyway.

I'd write everything I can about myself, so that people can read it.

Also I wouldn't bother with things like brushing my teeth seeing as it won't matter.

I'd still go to school, I may as well.
    For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.

So how should I presume?
    Eliot

I'd make financial arrangements; turn everything over to family members. Make funeral or cremation arrangements and then call everyone I love and spend the days letting them know I care and plan to stick around to watch over them.

Blog Entries
    For the last bit, where I'm about to die, I'd be asleep. I'm too gutless to see it happen.
    For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.

So how should I presume?
    Eliot

Blog Entries
    As I have arranged how to dispose of my mortal remains 25 years ago, there's no need of that anymore. So I would go on with life as usual, it could happen to you any time anyway, couldn't it?

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Actually it would be great to know that you would die in three days. It would be great to have any exactitude as to when you would meet your Maker. Just think:
    1. All those foods and drinks you once loved that have been denied you as "bad for your health". I would hit the MacDonald double cheesburger, double fries, extra salt & a gallon of coke with a vengence, followed by liver & bacon (current out as it brings on gout), pints of Guinness suitably mated with single malt chasers.
    2. All that money you have put by in case you fall upon hard times or need long term medical care. Blow it to those that are close to you in cash to avoid the tax man.
    3. Post date a cheque for your funeral (excessive in the extreme, plumed black horses, professional mourners) that will be the last cheque you write, and it will bounce.
    4. Arrange to be buried at sea, in the deepest part & insist that all those you detest are on board prior to the reading of a will, in which they inherit zilch.

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Firstly I would dance until I dropped.
    Secondly I would read.
    Then of course, just before the big moment I shall laugh out loud, hideously, at all the petty small minded fools that I leave selfishly behind. This way - when I lay in my black box of velvet and silk (red of course). I shall show that smile that everyone likes. Heaven knows, they need it!!

I would like to spend my last three days of life running around naked throughout a nun's convent wearing a gold Venetian mask with large purple plumes, holding a large litre-sized can of strong German beer, smoking continuously and shouting in a crazed tone: "Well there, lucky ladies, who's a jolly sailor, then?" All set to the music of Orff's, 'Carmina Burana'.
    Last edited by wlz; 02-06-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    "Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wlz View Post
    I would like to spend my last three days of life running around naked throughout a nun's convent wearing a gold Venetian mask with large purple plumes, holding a large litre-sized can of strong German beer, smoking continuously and shouting in a crazed tone: "Well there, lucky ladies, who's a jolly sailor, then?" All set to the music of Orff's, 'Carmina Burana'.
    Perfect!
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    I'd do my damndest to cut it down to a day and go out with a bang.

Blog Entries
    Spend the time with my little girls...whatever they wanted to do...
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

I would write a letter to be read after I'm dead (as a doornail).

Then I would buy a plane ticket to somewhere far away, a foreign country. It doesn't particularly matter where. I'd "live it up" in general. Have lots of conversations with strangers just for the heck of it. Maybe do a little repenting just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by wlz View Post
    For godsakes man, don't wait; give me your address and I'll follow you in a cab...

This is a wonderful topic; and I wonder why we just don't take the opportunity to do all of these wonderful things now.

Blog Entries
    I would consult with a spiritual advisor and I would reflect on my life and the lessons I learned while here on this earth school and all the time I would be wondering who and where I'd be re-incarnated as next. Oh, and I would be looking forward to my death because I would finally know the answers to certain questions such as:

1) Did Marilyn Monroe really commit suicide or was it murder?
    2) Who was really behind the assasination of JFK?
    3) Who took my grandfather's picture album?
    4) Is my coworker really a back-stabbing witch or am I just paranoid?
    5) Who ran into my car in the parking lot and drove off?
    6) Was Y2K a scam concocted by Wal-Mart to boost sales revenue?
    7) Is Global Warming for real?

Yep, I can't wait to find all this stuff out.

I forgot to add: I might try out some wild stuff that I wouldn't do otherwise for fear that I would ruin my life...
    Last edited by Shalot; 02-07-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast