Thread: Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Lightbulb Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing

It's a beautiful and true to life quote. I love Oscar's imagination and wit. He is amazing.
    The things that has more value in life has no price, you can't buy happiness. And people don't give the value those things deserve, for example a friend or a family who is always there when you need them or someone that "borrow an ear" to your problems.
    I'd like to know ur opinion

Blog Entries
    I agree with you. I started writing again poetry recently and discovered the joy that expressing myself on a pen and a piece of paper could bring.

I often think that Oscar's genius was because he didn't hold back thoughts and ideas that others might thing of as outrageous, and followed them to see what truth was in them. Maybe that's a false perception of mine.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Thorne View Post
    I agree with you. I started writing again poetry recently and discovered the joy that expressing myself on a pen and a piece of paper could bring.

I often think that Oscar's genius was because he didn't hold back thoughts and ideas that others might thing of as outrageous, and followed them to see what truth was in them. Maybe that's a false perception of mine.
    Oh I see you like Saki!! He was also amazing and very cunning. the way he satirized and mock at his society was incredible clever. I love those writers another one is Chaucer. and i congratulates you for trying poetry as a way of expressing yourself. I hope you share your art

God bless you! (If you don't follow any faith plz don't take it as an offense )

see you

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Thorne View Post
    Not false at all. As a matter of fact, the simplicity in which he describes his thoughts is what was amazing about his genius. He simply stated the facts. Which some might be viewed as wrong, but he lived on the edge constantly.
    This quote is misquoted. The quote is from Lady Windemere's fan, and is supposedly how you describe a cynic.
    "What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Lord Darlington, Act 2.
    He speaks not of society. He speaks of cynicism.

peepfoot's right.