Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Moon New Years Eve

Blog Entries
    The moon is not to be held accountable. It's the gremlins from the moon. They are the naughty folks that should be put to trial

Blog Entries
    Supposedly, there was a lunar eclipse in Europe last night but way too much clouds. I caught only a very fleeting glimpse of the full moon.

@Janine: Did you try the buttons on your monitor itself? There are different options you can adjust the monitor settings with, for elongation, and centering the display for example.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Well, I changed the screen resolution and the type looks clear and fine but the dimensions seem a bit off. For instance the avatars are not square and my photos look odd also. Something still is not right. What could have caused this to happen, seriously. Have I been moonbean struck?
    I think so. It was a blue moon, and being the second full moon in the month, werewolves doubled in number and went messing with your computer. It's day now, so hopefully your screen returned to normal.

I remember seeing the ball in Time Square looking kind of bluish this year. Could that be the blue moon? I had a couple of drinks so I'm not sure if I just imagined it.

"But do you really, seriously, Major Scobie," Dr. Sykes asked, "believe in hell?"
    "Oh, yes, I do."
    "In flames and torment?"
    "Perhaps not quite that. They tell us it may be a permanent sense of loss."
    "That sort of hell wouldn't worry me," Fellowes said.
    "Perhaps you've never lost anything of importance," Scobie said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I think so. It was a blue moon, and being the second full moon in the month, werewolves doubled in number and went messing with your computer. It's day now, so hopefully your screen returned to normal.

I remember seeing the ball in Time Square looking kind of bluish this year. Could that be the blue moon? I had a couple of drinks so I'm not sure if I just imagined it.
    Haha....very funny, Haunted...thanks for the advise. But my screen is still not quite normal...it's something fluky with the display and so far I haven't been able to figure it out; I even tried adjusting the monitor...that still doesn't do it. Anyone out there have the same problem ever and can help me to solve it? I finally gave up for the evening; I am just too tired tonight to try and adjust any more settings. Weird it happened in the first place.

I think the ball in Times Sq was bluish this year...it was not as it usually looks...which is more cystal and clear. Could they have been mimicing the blue moon by any chance? I didn't really see it come down; I guess we the happenings on Penn's Landing in Philly.

Happy New Year, Haunted! I didn't get around to sending out ecards this year....I am slipping...
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Haha....very funny, Haunted...thanks for the advise. But my screen is still not quite normal...it's something fluky with the display and so far I haven't been able to figure it out; I even tried adjusting the monitor...that still doesn't do it. Anyone out there have the same problem ever and can help me to solve it? I finally gave up for the evening; I am just too tired tonight to try and adjust any more settings. Weird it happened in the first place.
    Sit tight Janine, I'm getting some geek help for you from Nietzsche...

"But do you really, seriously, Major Scobie," Dr. Sykes asked, "believe in hell?"
    "Oh, yes, I do."
    "In flames and torment?"

you can adjust dimensions in the menu options for the monitor I think, same as Lulim said
    "I teach you the Übermensch. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him? … What is ape to man? A laughing stock or painful embarrassment. And man shall be that to the Übermensch" -- from Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

Blog Entries
    Janine, sounds like both Lulim and Nietzsche think it's a matter of adjusting the settings on your screen. Locate the buttons, they're usually on the front of your screen, and they're usually roundish, like the shape of a full moon....

"Oh, yes, I do."
    "In flames and torment?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Janine, sounds like both Lulim and Nietzsche think it's a matter of adjusting the settings on your screen. Locate the buttons, they're usually on the front of your screen, and they're usually roundish, like the shape of a full moon....
    I already talked to my friend on the phone, who knows computers/monitors and had this same monitor for a time and hated how one sets it; then I finally figured out how to get the menu's acessable and I did adjust it and it didn't do the trick. It keep 'reconfiguring'; but nothing significant changed. I am wanting to buy a new monitor; but I am not entirely sure this is the problem. I can get the settings almost right, but something is still off in the dimenisions....like photos look stretched out vertically; people look a thinner than normal, even on Youtube. I tried changing the vertical and horizontal settings to no avail...I admit I am poking around in the dark. I don't quite know what the setting should be for my wide screen monitor - it's a 19 or 20 inch one. I will try working on it tomorrow. It's really frustrating and I am too tired now to care at the moment. Thanks for commenting everyone and trying to help.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmoonshin View Post

Dark Muse seems to be compiling poems related to the moon. Perhaps you can post this to her thread? It's in the Poems, Poets and Poetry section, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oops, already in there.
    Vanitas vanitatum, dixit Ecclesiastes, vanitas vanitatum, et omnia vanitas.

Yo sé quién soy, y sé que puedo ser no sólo los que he dicho. - Don Quixote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12