Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's Virgil's Birthday!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Favorite post on the Forum?
    Oh, I don’t know. JuniperWoolf had a post the other day that knocked me off my feet:
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...3&postcount=77. Is that awesome, or what?
    [/CENTER]
    *Insert happy squeal*

Thanks, Virg! What a compliment ( I missed that until just now)! Happy birthday, buddy!
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday Virgil!!
    Who wants birthday punches?
    For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.

So how should I presume?
    Eliot

Blog Entries
    Back again with something you have been thinking of buying; wish I could afford to send it to you....here, you can check out the latest low price...http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles...0940990&sr=8-1.

Instead I bought you the case, virtually speaking...hahah...

Wow, sorry you are sick on your birthday...hope you get well soon....rest up in your blue and white pj's..hahaha...good interview inspite of being ill.
    Last edited by Janine; 12-16-2009 at 02:33 AM.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday Virgil, sorry it's a little late
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Happy Birthday, Virgil! I wish you the very best.

I haven't read your 'Scher Interview' yet, but I'm looking forward to doing it this evening!
    Exit, pursued by a bear.

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday!

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A December birthday?! That must have sucked as a kid. My sister-in-law, for whom we threw a big 40th birthday bash, believed that the event was going to simply come and go because everyone had told her that surely you have better sense than to have a birthday in December.

Anyway,

Happy Birthday!!!
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Happy Birthday, Virgil! Rest up! Young bucks like yourself need to take care to get their strength back.

Just kidding .
    As Kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame . . .

Why disqualify the rush? I'm tabled. I'm tabled.

Blog Entries
    Why thank you for starting this Pussnboots. I really appreciate it. We don't talk enough.

Toni - you're the sweetest. I hope your family has come through all the turmoil there in recent months. It seems like it's one thing after another. Say hello to you sisters for me.

Babbalanja - thank you. I'm glad you broke the ice. We just keep butting heads. I'll try to lighten up. But do try not to be a fundementalist.

Silas - thanks man. And here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGMsA...eature=related.

Thank you Caspian. That is kind of you. I hardly see you around. Perhaps you can join in the Christmas Book club read with The Turn of the Screw.

Thank you Helga. I enjoy reading your blog.

Thanks Logos. I just noticed you went over 6000 posts, and yet i hardly ever see you post. I bet most of those 6000 were in disciplining me.

Downing, those are unbelievably beautiful photos. Thank you so much. I hope you are doing well. And what a beautiful dress that would be on someone.

Thanks Comedian. That looks delish! Just needs a little parmesan cheese. And i'll never pass up a glass of wine.

Thank you much Snowqueen. I think you posted those flowers before. And God bless you.

Hey thank you Daniel. I've been meaning to ask, who's Daniel Benoit? Or is that your real name. You don't have to answer. Thanks for coming by. Oh that comment on ulysses doesn't mean I don't like the work. It's a great novel. Just that chapter drives me nuts. The other chapters are just as hard, but they seem worth the effort.

Classic Charm thank you kindly. I hope school is going better this year for you.

Maximillanus, wow what great images. Thanks. And you help make this place fun.

Muhsin, thank you for coming by. I hope you are doing well this year. I remember you were trying to start a business. I hope that's working out.

Wilde Lily!! I'm so glad you joined and just in time for my birthday. If you need any help getting around here, let me know. Thanks for stopping by here.

Kasie, yes I'm better. Enough to have gone into work for two days. Thank you for your kindness.

Tal - You are a character. Thank you for that cartoon. You always find the right funny.

JBI - Thank you. Hope your studies are going well. And don't let StLukes get under your skin.

Mercy Mankind, thank you for stopping by. I hope things are well with you.

Haunted - You are certainly one of the most interesting persons here. Thank you for stopping by.

Manolia - You just turned 2000 posts with that! Thank you and we have to read another novel together.

Mortalterror - Thanks. We'll have to discuss some more Hemingway. Have you read A Movable Feast? I would love to re-read that.

Thank you Formality Hater. I hate formalities too.

Newsletter??? Well, now that we know it's Niamh (and should i say i knew it all along ) thank you much my dear friend.

Weisy, thank you. It was a good birthday. I'm really going to celebrate it on saturday. I hope things are going well with you.

Neely - Thank you. Every time I see you I have the urge for a Belgium beer. One is on me if we ever get to meet.

Janine my special friend. I got the ecard. Thank you. It was perfect. And i wish you could afford that Kindle for me...LOL!!

Paul, thank you. I can't say i've quite celebrated it yet, being it came during the work week. My wife and mother-in-law are taking me out to dinner on Saturday.

Those are great cup cakes papaya! Let's boogie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th47siid6_k

Annamariah - Thank you. I hope things are going well with you.

Scher - Thank you for doing these interviews, among all your duties here. And thanks for keep me in line.

Andy, many thanks to you. I almost look at you as a daughter here.

Oh thank you Agatha. I'm so glad you stopped by.

Oh Becca, if you were close by I'd give you a big hug and a kiss. I hope things are going better for you.

Skib, buddy. Thank you. Every time i read your blogs it feels I enter a different, more interesting world.

Samercury, my other young friend who feels like a daughter. Thank you kindly and i hope school is going well. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it.

Eyemaker - where have you been? I don't see you around much. Thank you for stopping by. I hope things are well with you.

Thank you Billl. Can't forget that third "l". I'm gald you stopped by.

MaryD!! - My other special friend from the other side of the world. When i see you on I always count to roughly see what time it is for you. Thank you for our many conversations.

Thank you Bien. I have no idea who Phineas and Ferb are, but if that's an engineering drawing board, then it fits! Though with computers drawing boards for drafting are long gone. And the guy with the green hair does look like me! Hahaha!

Micheal T - Thank you. It was a good day. I hope you are well.

Mathor - that was very kind of you. Thank you and much appreciated.

Thank you Juniper. I was wondering if you would notice that. I'm not sure you even saw my reply to you in that thread. That was a great comment, one for the ages!!

Heathcliff - do they still do birthday punches in school? I remember getting plenty of those. You must hang out with the tough crowd.

It's never late Fifthelement. I'm glad you stopped by.

Mona, it's always nice to see you when you stop in. Thank you for your well wishes.

Sleepywitch - have you abandoned us at lit net? I miss arguing with you. Actually the other day I met with a few engineers from a German company and they want to coordinate on a certain project. It doesn't look promising, but maybe I can swindle a trip to Germany out of it.

StLukes! Yeah December birthdays tend to get tangled with Christmas, but mine is at least not right on top of Christmas. 40 year birthday was traumatic for me. I wonder how I'm going to handle 50 in a few years. Thanks for stopping by.

Oh Shoutgrace! You just snuck in there. Thank you, and yes I'm still a young buckl!! Thank you for stopping by.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Virgil, if I could afford the Kindle for you, I could also afford one for me...Glad you at least liked the ecard - THAT I could afford! I liked your new interview - 4 huh? This one seemed a bit different...maybe you are mellowing with age....
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Just got back in town from business.
    Happy Birthday Virgil.

You can have my Herman's Hermits album:

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Some mesto, or another. Bog knows you wouldn't be able to viddy me from your okno.
    Happy Birthday! I can't believe I missed this.

"Do you mind if I reel in this fish?" - Dale Harris

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn." - Ernest Hemingway

Blog

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Golly V, you replied to everyone... You are a champion.

Blog Entries
    Why thank you Gilliatt. I can use that album. I just went through my ipod to check which Herman Hermitt's I have and I was shocked to find i don't have any. Let's celebrate then with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDh2sYQRpo. Love those British invasion groups.

Thank you Nick. You didn't miss it! How are you doing buddy?

I try Mary.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

VVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIRGIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!! Happy birthday *angel*
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. - Robert Fulghum
    Je Chante Une Chanson Sombre
    The Lady of Mine - Opinion please
    A tragedy crept to the name Bathory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast