Thread: The Merchant of Venice William Shakespeare help

The Merchant of Venice William Shakespeare help

i need some help with Jessica. My class has finished the book already and now we have to make a mask for our assigned persons, mine being Jessica. On the mask we must have five symbols that are Character traits. and i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I already have some: One for her love for Lorenzo, another for when she elopes and one the stands for breaking free of her father, but i am not to sure if these are character traits.
    I would love any help better understanding the character and any ideas you may have on Jessica

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I always think Jessica ends up falling between worlds. She rejects her father, and is not quite accepted by the Christians.

I fear for her future, the scene in the garden at Belmont with Lorenzo, seems to be saying their relationship is doomed, like the mythical lovers they mention. She has broken free, had a wild time, and has come back down to earth with a bump.

As to her character, passionate, impulsive certainly, but also practical, remembering to pass the valubles out to her lover.
    Last edited by prendrelemick; 12-09-2009 at 04:52 AM.

Literary Superstar Pryderi Agni's Avatar
    On the spires of Paris, with the Red Queen...
    Oh, and don't forget upright, as I remember her having a monologue defending her love for Lorenzo.