I suppose a quick bio wouldn't hurt. This seems like a forum with healthy discussion, so I hope to be a worthy contributor: I am a 24 year old college student completing degrees in Philosophy and English. I am planning to attend graduate school, hopefully to ultimately enter the academic realm as a professor (and student; teachers learn from the students, and themselves!). You'll find if you read my posts, more and more of my rooting out Ethics of Virtue, character development, growth as people to encourage subsequent growth as society. Unfortunately, philosophical views vary for absurd reasons; principles of completely polarized "views" orbit one another and the same center point in nearly every modicum of nomenclature in academia. I began, academically speaking, as an English major, though I did little reading and spent most of my time engaged in the arts (in varying forms). Naturally, in due time I realized that English didn't do it for me (this would change, as noted previously). The problem was simply, I didn't read enough. However, rather than focus my recalled passion for learning, knowledge, and the pursuit of knowledge itself on literature, I "found" philosophy. Just this semester though, after it wringing the positivism dry; a process that can really suck the marrow from the mind, I entered the English program as well, eager to take my new "skills" (rather, my increased vocabulary and understanding of such vocabulary) into the fictional world again.

I imagine I'll be here often to throw around ideas; next semester I'm taking 18 credits of English and Philosophy... one of which is a seminar requiring a lengthy paper; the others include such notables as Shakespeare, Joyce, Auden, Kant (again), Hume, Woolf, Aurelius, Nietzsche (again), among many many many others, on top of the seemingly unhealthy amount of thinking and reading I do on my own.

That's that! Cheers!