Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Questions that never got answered…

Questions that never got answered…

All of us have questions in life, and whether we are Pundits, teachers, Gurus, scholars, students, philosophers, writers, scientists or the common man we have fundamental questions in life and these questions were never answered satisfactorily and convincingly. They were answered no doubt by some people but they were far from convincing. Scientists, materialists, religionists, spiritualists answer them. Our Gurus or priests speak with authority on them. Writers and philosophers have authored many books on this subject but all their ideas could not be universally accepted. They had impacts but for a time and afterwards their impacts will thaw like dewdrops in point of fact. And yet we never stopped asking questions. People from all walks of life are curious and all want to know about life, God, immortality, afterlife, the meaning or purpose of life, creation, the origin of this universe, galaxies, constellations, other worlds or universes and the like. We have thousands of books, millions of discourses on these subjects but we never got satisfied with them. While we know and explain natural phenomena and measured the planet and flew to the moon, explored into or fathomed the dept of the sea, yet we could never answer these questions. We are as unaware about or unknown to these basic things as our predecessors were thousands years ago and our level of comprehending these truths has never improved or increased.
    I thought to raise these questions, even if I know they never can be answered will be really fascinating here.

I am curios whether any of you have answers or can answers any of these questions at all.
    Last edited by blazeofglory; 11-04-2009 at 01:46 AM.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    All of us have questions in life, and whether we are Pundits, teachers, Gurus, scholars, students, philosophers, writers, scientists or the common man we have fundamental questions in life and these questions were never answered satisfactorily and convincingly. They were answered no doubt by some people but they were far from convincing. Scientists, materialists, religionists, spiritualists answer them. Our Gurus or priests speak with authority on them. Writers and philosophers have authored many books on this subject but all their ideas could not be universally accepted. They had impacts but for a time and afterwards their impacts will thaw like dewdrops in point of fact. And yet we never stopped asking questions. People from all walks of life are curious and all want to know about life, God, immortality, afterlife, the meaning or purpose of life, creation, the origin of this universe, galaxies, constellations, other worlds or universes and the like. We have thousands of books, millions of discourses on these subjects but we never got satisfied with them. While we know and explain natural phenomena and measured the planet and flew to the moon, explored into or fathomed the dept of the sea, yet we could never answer these questions. We are as unaware about or unknown to these basic things as our predecessors were thousands years ago and our level of comprehending these truths has never improved or increased.
    I thought to raise these questions, even if I know they never can be answered will be really fascinating here.

I am curios whether any of you have answers or can answers any of these questions at all.
    I find that asking a single specific question is the the way to most likely receive single specific answers.

Bonafide...Savage. Neo_Sephiroth's Avatar
    What's the question?
    "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. Christ changes men, who then changes their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." ~ Ezra Taft Benson

Blog Entries
    Um...yeah...what's the question?
    People laugh at me 'coz they think I'm a fool...I smile because I made someone laugh
    Nikhar Agrawal

Blog Entries
    I think blaze is forwarding many different, yet related, existential questions in his OP, of the sort that will never get a likely straight answer, such as: Why are we born?, Why do we die?, Do we really come from dust?, Do we really go back to dust?, Are we alone in the whole Universe?, Do aliens experiment on people, should there be any aliens?, Is life on Earth soon to end?, .... and the list goes ever on.

Unanswerable questions are quite many for one single thread, though I think many of them have been discussed before on this forum. However, I feel like sharing my few conclusions about the ones I mentioned, and here they go:

Why are we born?
    'cause mom and dad figured it was a cool idea
    Why do we die?
    'cause living forever ain't such a good idea, sounds kinda boring
    Do we really come from dust?
    Dunno you, but if I did then my mom washed me quite immediately, 'cause I very well recall to smell really good as a baby
    Do we really go back to dust?
    If you fall on the beach you can bet you'll get quite dusty
    Are we alone in the whole Universe?
    Dunno you, but I can't afford much travel for myself. If you have better resources than mine, please go take a peep, come back and tell us. I'll be much grateful
    Do the aliens experiment on people, should there be any aliens?
    As far as I can remember they didn't get to me yet, but if they come with their ultraviolet beam scalpels, I'm gonna have my legs ready for kicking their very as*** (it may hopefully work)
    Is life on Earth soon to end?
    If it happens, you should soon realize, but if it happens in a moment when you're busy doing something more important than noticing your world falling apart, then I'll let you know

By the way, there's absolutely no sarcasm intended, let alone disrespect. I'm rather giving a touch of humor to subjects that have been long debated, all along our history as a species, many times indeed seriously, yet with no definite conclusions.

So why face questions with seriousness when we already know that seriousness never ever took us to a degree of full satisfaction, uh? So the questions will remain unanswered, very likely forever, just because probably the answer is the question itself.

On the contrary, we may keep debating seriously about these and other matters, while buying books written for the sole purpose of taking our money, rather than for lighting our dark paths. Either way we do it, we will never have a straight answer, and that's a fact. My humble two cents.

Does having a question mean there has to be an answer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrekken View Post
    I find that asking a single specific question is the the way to most likely receive single specific answers.
    I find that asking a single specific question is the one way to get several specific questions generated in reply...
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoise View Post
    Does having a question mean there has to be an answer?
    That is a very good question

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    I find that asking a single specific question is the one way to get several specific questions generated in reply...
    I have experienced exactly the same vicious cycle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    That is a very good question

I have experienced exactly the same vicious cycle
    (Let's test that theory out)

What do you think is the cause of the generation of multiple questions?
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    (Let's test that theory out)

What do you think is the cause of the generation of multiple questions?
    Maybe the lack of multiple answers from where to pick the most satisfactory. But then, if we had a set of multiple answers to pick from, we would still lack a set of multiple methods to decide which answer is the most satisfactory. We seem pretty much screwed from every angle, don't we?

A Student
    I've always wondered if there HAS to be an answer to a question. For example, consider the question: Does God exist?

Does there have to be an answer? Inevitably thinking through this question forces you to formulate, consider, and/or evaluate thoughts you've either held/considered/pondered. Maybe the question is meant to stimulate thought. Maybe it has no answer. Maybe it doesn't need one.

Blog Entries
    Yes many things in the world can't be understood for example the soul...
    Can you touch the soul? Can you identify it? can you measure it? what is the soul?
    It is of course impossible to be a touchable thing, but it is found anywhere in our bodies.
    Can you determine how many years you stay alive?
    How does the satisfaction generate?
    If you haven't any source of belief, you shouldn't have satisfaction at all.
    Even if you learned too much, even if read many books, yet your soul still lacks to know more, still excited by the column of light how it reaches you, then you need to think, you ought to think and the answer of all these questions never you will forget.
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 02-27-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    My country is the Home of Honour And
    Without honour I haven't Home
    MMA

A Student
    Quote Originally Posted by IceM View Post
    I've always wondered if there HAS to be an answer to a question. For example, consider the question: Does God exist?

Does there have to be an answer? Inevitably thinking through this question forces you to formulate, consider, and/or evaluate thoughts you've either held/considered/pondered. Maybe the question is meant to stimulate thought. Maybe it has no answer. Maybe it doesn't need one.
    I thought the question of 'Does God exist?' was unanswered, but the Bible has satisfied this for me. Glory to God in the highest, and may we all seek forgiveness in Christ via placing faith in him and repenting of our sins.
    Last edited by IceM; 04-04-2020 at 09:06 PM.