Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: One volunteer needed for online interview

One volunteer needed for online interview

Hello everybody, yeah yeah long time no see... I might hang around a bit as I'm having a Lazy Day for once (well it's almost over, so late it is!) but to be honest I kind of can't be bothered with forums anymore... Not great, as I'm kinda working with forums...

Which is why I would like one volunteer to interview on their reading habits and Internet habits and, I guess, combination of the two. I am working on a thing about Internet and Literature (why, don't ask me, as I no longer care about literature at all), in a completely different setting, but I need an interview for an assignment and interviewing someone from the Lit Net would be helpful as a trial for what I will do later... I still don't have a plan nor any questions (which is why I can't be more precise on what will be asked...!) but I will sort something out.

Please note:
    - the interview will have to take place on MSN or Skype chat, I can try and get onto other IM programmes but these are the ones I normally use
    - It needs to take place before 13th November, it shouldn't last very long, but the volunteer will need say a couple of hours of free time, just to be on the safe side if something goes wrong, or we are late, or we get into a bit of a chat before or after or in between
    - I would like to interview an active forum user, but someone who I don't know well, so preferably someone who wasn't around when I was active here, or with whom I didn't interact much. This is because it feels obviously different if it's someone I know, and it's probably more "real" with a stranger.

I only need one volunteer so let me know here or in email (deleted for safety purposes) if someone is willing to take part in this... let me know what time/days work best for you (don't forget to include your time zone if you're not in UK/Europe!) and we'll see... I seriously don't know how to deal with this but I guess it's not too hard and it will be fun.

Now I only need to come up with questions, ha!
    Last edited by Koa; 11-07-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

I'll do it if you want.

Blog Entries
    I would volenteer Koa, but I don't have MSN chat or skype. And I rather not sign up. They are a pain afterwards. Does it have to be a chat? Could you send me questions to my email and I'll reply?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Hi Virg, I think that in most of my research I will hopefully do email stuff (even though I think it gets messy with all the permissions and boring stuff), but for this thing I need a proper live interview because what I'm going to have to analyse is the interview process.
    I think that if you sign up to one of those programmes, you can simply delete it after use it (I'd do that if my selected candidate does not use the same programmes as I do) But on the other hand, I kind of feel I still "know" you a tiny bit from the times when I was active here so I am not sure you are the most ideal candidate...although I don't think I know much about you related to what I am trying to find out with interviews But since I'm afraid I cannot do it via email, I guess it doesn't matter...

aamir, thanks for your offer, I'll keep you in mind! I see though that you haven't been around the forums for long and ideally I would need someone who has had a bit of forum experience, but I am still not too sure how many forum-specific questions I will have, so it might not matter too much. I'll have to do some brainstorming...

Huh, who would have thought that I'd be so choosy

Blog Entries
    That's ok. If you change your mind, and no one better comes along (am I that bad? ") I'll join for the interview. Just let me know. You can send me a PM and this way I will defintely see it. It's easy to miss these threads sometimes.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    hey, it seems fun
    sign me in
    Touched by Genius. Cursed by Madness. Blinded by Love.

Right, I guess one of you might be the (un)lucky one... I also forgot one thing, well I clicked on rimbaud's profile and saw date of birth, which reminded me, the interviewee must be over 18, god knows what kind of mad permissions i might need otherwise... (yeah I know rimbaud you're fine, it just came to my mind now...I don't know about aamir, but I *think* Virg is fine... )

Virg, not sure what you mean, I can't change my mind about the email vs MSN bit because these are the rules... Ok will see, I need to come up with a real plan now, thanks for volunteering in the meantime...

I can be the guinea pig if you want.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Not replying for the interview as you seem to have a couple of candidates already. BUT saw your name here and had to say hi. it has been a very long time
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Hi kilted, thanks for your greeting. It's been ages indeed, I've become a busy bee, which makes me feel more satisfied than when I was just an Internet addict... well I'm still addicted but for some reason I can't deal with forums anymore, well there's some concrete reasons but the rest is just unexplicable.

Not funny when you chose to carry out a years-long project about forums lol.

My lovely candidates, I'll let you know soon who I'd like to interview (oooh I should have done some reality show type selection lol, now all of you jump and dance and I'll rate that and then decide lol ), I am thinking of considering the people I will interview later for the proper project, and make sure this is as similar as possible... Will let you know, trying to sort out more urgent things... By the way, the interview will have to take place at some point between 8th and 12th November (too busy before and it's due on 13th), I'm quite flexible with times but I think evening UK time works better but I can arrange any other time if more suitable for the interviewee (are you all in the US?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
    My lovely candidates, I'll let you know soon who I'd like to interview (oooh I should have done some reality show type selection lol, now all of you jump and dance and I'll rate that and then decide lol ),
    How's this.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    i probably wouldnt count as an interviewee... seeing as i've met you... but hello anyway!

Nightie says if you are in need of a trial run she will do one with you on thurs.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Koa
    I am working on a thing about Internet and Literature (why, don't ask me, as I no longer care about literature at all) . . .
    Koa! Ouch! How could you? Oh well, great seeing you, kiddo - a lot of time has passed, too long, since we have seen you, but thanks for stopping by to say hello - nice seeing an old name around and about again. I suppose I would not qualify for your sought persona, since:
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa
    I would like to interview an active forum user, but someone who I don't know well, so preferably someone who wasn't around when I was active here, or with whom I didn't interact much. This is because it feels obviously different if it's someone I know, and it's probably more "real" with a stranger.
    . . . technically I feel kinda-sorta an active user, coming here 2-4 times per week, but felt pretty active while you posted here frequently. I at least wanted to say hello - stop by more, if you ever have time.

hellow koa
    im a new member,suely not active yet

So????????i think im not acceptable, am i??

LOL Virgil that was impressive...

Thanks everybody, I think I got my volunteer and in the end I decided to go for a long-time member rather than a newer one, that got me thinking a lot, but I suppose it's good to have someone who have lived around the forums for a good few years. I will come back if I need more help although so far this is just a test basically...