Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Polarizing Issues

Polarizing Issues

I'm not talking about the big issues. The reading in the bathroom thread got me thinking, there are many every day issues that people are adamant about, no gray areas just balck or white. The two that come to my mind are:

1) Reading in the Bathroom
    2) Pooping no where else but home

Anything else?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

biting writer
    I am not sure why control of bodily functions, which is a luxury in some cases, would be polarizing, except that I know the need for accommodation is often seen as disruptive.

If I get your drift, I'd add reading while you eat. I will only risk some editions around certain food stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozanny View Post
    I am not sure why control of bodily functions, which is a luxury in some cases, would be polarizing, except that I know the need for accommodation is often seen as disruptive.
    On another board there was a discussion about bodily functions and there were some people who, under no circumstances will poo anywhere else but home. I don't know how that's possible since I am not one of those people but it's a "thing" for them. Anyways there are tons of little things and that is just one example that has been talked about of late, at least in my circles.

One more:

Toilet paper: Over or Under

Blog Entries
    I would like to throw in "punctuality". Myself, I am very strict about it and went mad regularly when we (my husband and I) had an appointment together: he's rather lax about that, fifteen minutes earlier or later don't matter that much for him. Anyway, I believe it's one of those things where there is no in-between.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    I have a cleanliness issue... I put toilet paper down on every toilet seat I sit on, regardless of where I am and when visiting public toilets (which I seldom do) I not only wash my hands, but I wash the the tap as well. And to top that off I try to open the door of public places with my pinky finger as it is the only finger that doesn't touch my food when I eat... Gosh the list is endless... I am either a clean freak or someone who needs serious therapy...

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Lights on/lights off while sleeping.

If I want to sleep, I will sleep even with lights on (don't mind noise/music either) and it really winds me up when people insist on having total darkness and silence to be able to sleep. Especially because I can never fall asleep without reading.

Needless to say, I did not have an easy life while living at the dormitories during student days when I had to share a room with at least 3 others. So, all my life, I have been the gal who had to read with a torch or any other lamp that might act as a reading lamp.

(Candles are not recommended -however romantic the idea might sound. One does end up burning one's their hair.)
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    I'm not talking about the big issues. The reading in the bathroom thread got me thinking, there are many every day issues that people are adamant about, no gray areas just balck or white. The two that come to my mind are:

1) Reading in the Bathroom
    2) Pooping no where else but home

Anything else?
    I love reading in the bathroom. It's a must for me. I even take a folder to the bathroom at work (pretending it's work ) with a magazine inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryd. View Post
    I have a cleanliness issue... I put toilet paper down on every toilet seat I sit on, regardless of where I am and when visiting public toilets
    I do that at public toilets. I assume other people's homes are clean.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    Bedroom doors open or closed when you're asleep. I cannot for the life of me sleep with the door open. I also cannot sleep with the curtains closed. I seem to have this phobia of driving with the window closed. It can be ten degrees below zero, but I still drive with the window at least cracked. And a hat. I never leave the house without a hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    I also cannot sleep with the curtains closed.
    I cannot sleep if the curtains are open... They should be closed properly, not even a little crack between folds etc.

~
    ~

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    But then you miss all the exciting events happening outside!

Does anyone else have a problem when they can see reflections on their computer screen? I can't stand that! Especially when it's moving.

Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    all the exciting events happening outside!
    Well, for some, the opposite might be true...

~
    ~

Blog Entries
    I can't take my coffee, or anything that goes in my mouth except a toothbrush (and I have issues with that) into the bathroom. It just doesn't seem, well, seemingly. Sleeping with the lights on? I can sleep with lights and tv on, with kids screaming and yelling. I sleep whenever I can.
    "All we are saying is give PEACE a chance." Beatles[/SIZE]
    Granny5's Blog
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...p?userid=35805

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryd. View Post
    I put toilet paper down on every toilet seat I sit on, regardless of where I am and when visiting public toilets (which I seldom do)
    I couldn't use a public restroom for years and years. Then when I got pregnant it became very necessary. I would carry Lysol with me and disinfect everything and then cover the seat. Now I just carry antibacterial wipes because of the Lysol smell. Much easier and less likely to cause questions.

I have a problem with smells. This is so terrible. I often have the occasion to sit directly behind a lady that has mental health issues. I wouldn't hurt her feelings for anything. But, she also has a gas problem. I can't stand breathing in smells, unless it's cooking, fresh cut grass/hay, my kids heads, or autumn. I don't even wear perfume or sniff my husband after he's put on cologne. The thought of breathing in her gas is really unbearable.

I can't bring myself to sit down if I'm somewhere dirty.

I just realized that I may have gone off in the wrong direction- so sorry

Blog Entries
    You can't stand smells and your sister smells everything!
    My grandson can't use the bathroom just off his 4th grade classroom because he's concerned everyone in class will hear him. Also, he does not go poo anywhere except home, not even his Aunt Tonya's house.
    "All we are saying is give PEACE a chance." Beatles[/SIZE]
    Granny5's Blog
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...p?userid=35805

ohhh, my cousin always threatens to bring an extra pair of shoes with him wherever he goes because he's paranoid someone might recognize his shoes from the bathroom stall.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast