Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: How was your writing week?

biting writer
    Quote Originally Posted by kasie View Post
    Every good wish for success and happiness in your ventures, Jozanny. If you can spare the time, maybe you could pop in now and then to let us know how you are getting on?
    Once in a while, my friend ; this is more about me than anything else, though at this point, and where I am, I am looking for communities with more specific focus, like the Henry James newsletter I have been on for about ten years. I may be the dummy in the group, but I learn a lot from these scholars, and I'd like more of the same on other topics even if I have to eat humble pie--and maybe there is an online community for midlist freelancers, or my blog can become one. We will see, but I know my time has come, and I need to free myself of faux pas bickering when I am truly busy, and not expending that emotional energy is my responsibility.

Be well dear lady!

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jozy, sorry to see you go but I understand the need to put your work first. I hope it all works out for you. All the best, Fifth
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Pity to see such a wonderful poster like Jozy leaving. Whatever you do, may the force be with you Jozy... or the light... or whatever's brighter

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Has been rather a slow week with my young fellow sick. But I am back in action. This is going to be a great writing week.

I am a dream of a dreamer Lacra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryd. View Post
    Has been rather a slow week with my young fellow sick. But I am back in action. This is going to be a great writing week.
    What's wrong with your young fellow? Hope this will be a better writing week for you.
    As for me, there are 6 years since I didn't write anything. Maybe it is the time to start it again?
    Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
    William Shakespeare

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacra View Post
    What's wrong with your young fellow? Hope this will be a better writing week for you.
    As for me, there are 6 years since I didn't write anything. Maybe it is the time to start it again?
    Yes my love he has been pretty ill... Gave me quite a scare... But he's back to school tomorrow. So I can get back to writing.

You see my love I write all day every day... Without fail, but last week I put a hold on everything. My family comes first then my writing.

Blog Entries
    My writing week has been slow as far as actual writing goes. I am working on a story in my head and it may be a week or more before I get it all worked out. I wrote three stories over a period of about a month, and I have ideas for two more stories. So the actual wrtiting has been zero, but it has been really productive.
    Dostoevsky gives me more than any scientist.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

I started something that doesn't totally repulse me at two days distance. I think I'll finish this one. So it's a good writing week.

Blog Entries
    I wrote what I would like to call a poem, or a humble poem, if there's such a thing. I guess it's not bad, considering that writing isn't my regular activity.

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    I wrote what I would like to call a poem, or a humble poem, if there's such a thing. I guess it's not bad, considering that writing isn't my regular activity.
    Hey Maxi... Congrats on your succes on writing a poem... You should share.

It was a terrible week

biting writer
    I've been pushing myself too hard and not hard enough, one and the same time. I just asked Arianna Huffington for employment as if I had the perfect right to ask her. My rage is rather frightening, and maybe it pushed me back to the forum so I could remember that I have a civil and mollifying side, and I am perversely bothered that the novelist Susanna dropped me like a hot potato--but those reasons are more toward getting the Suburban Woman to pay attention to how poverty has fostered the creature I came to be, more than any real interest in her satiric talent. I don't know how much energy I will spend on this, but I am probably going to pick on the scab, and in an almost Jamesian fashion, build a foundation of brick on the quicksilver of twitter networking.

I hate twitter, though I can see it for what it is. I should go to bed, but fear not getting enough done.
    Last edited by Jozanny; 01-13-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Almost finished my short story so it has been pretty good.
    Might even get it finished tonight if I can think of the right ending.

biting writer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozanny View Post
    I've been pushing myself too hard and not hard enough, one and the same time. I just asked Arianna Huffington for employment as if I had the perfect right to ask her. My rage is rather frightening, and maybe it pushed me back to the forum so I could remember that I have a civil and mollifying side, and I am perversely bothered that the novelist Susanna dropped me like a hot potato--but those reasons are more toward getting the Suburban Woman to pay attention to how poverty has fostered the creature I came to be, more than any real interest in her satiric talent. I don't know how much energy I will spend on this, but I am probably going to pick on the scab, and in an almost Jamesian fashion, build a foundation of brick on the quicksilver of twitter networking.

I hate twitter, though I can see it for what it is. I should go to bed, but fear not getting enough done.
    I actually think I am going to start a personal essay about this, which illustrates why my cracks are more readily perceived than Madame Merle's. No publication would take it--and yet, and yet, I don't understand the antipathies that seem to wedge between me and married suburban women authors, and Susanna's cessation of interaction with me has opened some old wounds. If I tell her it hurt that would just widen the fissure; yet Laurel Speer never minded, within our communications, that I may have been socially inappropriate, but that may be because she understood better what I was up against. Speer is old school small press a little ahead of me, and her corrections toward my views were perceptive, but, if I have to take this journey, then I have to copy this post to draft file....

Absolutely terrible.
    Oh, Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast