Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you do for your 18th birthday?

:) Stephweet :) stephofthenight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb What did you do for your 18th birthday?

So It occured to me that my birthday is in like 7 months. And I need to figure out what to do. I was kind of thinking a cruise...But I dont like water or boats. And than I thought about traveling but I hate driving and am scared of fllying... So what did you do for your 18th birthday and would you recomend it.

"Be careful of quotes you find on the internet, they may not always be true" -Abraham Lincon-

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I went to a nice restaurant with around a dozen close friends. It was an absolutely lovely evening, particularly because I'm not a fan of big parties.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    My parents secretly organized a party with my schoolmates, at my house. We had a barbecue and after everyone was gone, we realized about all that was missing from the house, including one of my CDs, a cute knife from my mom's kitchen that she still misses because it was a very good knife, and several other goods that were also stolen. We sometimes still regret having had that party. My mom felt bad because it was her whole idea, and she felt bad about my losing that CD. Actually it was nobody's fault. Before the party none of us knew we were inviting thieves. We more like thought they were just... schoolmates.

So be careful, steph. If you have a party, before you invite anyone to your house run an investigation on their habits, so you don't have to regret after

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    My parents secretly organized a party with my schoolmates, at my house. We had a barbecue and after everyone was gone, we realized about all that was missing from the house, including one of my CDs, a cute knife from my mom's kitchen that she still misses because it was a very good knife, and several other goods that were also stolen. We sometimes still regret having had that party. My mom felt bad because it was her whole idea, and she felt bad about my losing that CD. Actually it was nobody's fault. Before the party none of us knew we were inviting thieves. We more like thought they were just... schoolmates.

So be careful, steph. If you have a party, before you invite anyone to your house run an investigation on their habits, so you don't have to regret after
    That's awful. May I ask what CD it was?

Blog Entries
    My 18th was erm.. interesting.
    It was last August, the 22nd, on a saturday. The friday beforehand my family and i went to dinner at this italian restaurant. Just as we're about to finish ordering, the police come in and tell the whole restaurant that we all need to leave. We were evacuated out in to the street and the restaurant and the block was sectioned off, with us in the section. Anyway, long story short, someone called saying that they were going to bomb the place - we were told that the restaurant would be closed for the
    night, so we left to another restaurant. Before i knew it , i was incredibly drunk, they brought out a plate that said "happy birthday" on it, because they had found out it was my birthday, were trying to be nice etc etc - anyway, i started freaking out and getting angry asking what kind of restaurant would bring me a "cakeless" plate ( they had written happy birthday in chocolate and put chocolate buttons on the cake )
    i was rude and violent.
    Got home, vomited all over my floor and laughed as my poor mum cleaned it up. Next day i felt awful, naturally...

And then that night i went out clubbing with my friends, stayed over at my best friend's house, her boyfriend stayed too, and I woke up to him "spooning" me, because he thought i was her.
    Best birthday weekend ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus View Post
    Isn't that a rule? Anytime you have a party at your own house something always turns up missing. At a party at my friends house her mom's hair curlers and a pair of her dad's shoes went missing.

Anyways, I really can't remember what I did for my 18th birthday.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    My 18th birthday was in the middle of my end of semester exams. I went out to the pub with some of my college friends and got a bit merry. (poor student. didnt have enough money to get drunk) May have gone to a club... not sure.
    At the weekend, think did something with the family and then headed out with my sister and all our friends to the gasworks, which was a rock club on o'connell st. (now a russian "flamenco" dancing place... yeah dont ask. )
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Jeez, I can't remember that far back!!!
    What Are You Crazy!!!

Blog Entries
    I had a party with a few close friends, then hit the bars to see which ones would ID me .
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I uh. . .I think. . .I had cake. And I remember walking across the field and over the dam and up the big hill to the horse jump. Then I sat on the jump, smoked a cigar, and looked at the mountains.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    I think that's an excellent way to spend a birthday, The Comedian - in solitude.

As for my eighteenth birthday last year..I just gathered my family, brought sushi and some blueberry cake. After a couple of days, my friends insisted we celebrate and go to a club. It was the day after my debut in theatre so I felt that I need not celebrate much.

Steph, I think an important thing you must concider on your special day is what activity you most enjoy and spend it with the ones you love; that way, it would be memorable.
    Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions!
    the whole boatload of sensitive !

— Allen Ginsberg, Howl II.

:) Stephweet :) stephofthenight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well. Mountains sound fun, except I live in texas... As far as clubbing...Did that all last year. more fun when its illegal. but uh. yeah. seems everyone gets drunk for their 18th. Maybe ill go on the cruise. HMM. We should have a litnet cruise...that would be fun
    "LITNET GOES TO MEXICO"

"Be careful of quotes you find on the internet, they may not always be true" -Abraham Lincon-

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    My parents drove up to my school to take me out for lunch, so I spent the afternoon with them, then that evening a few friends from home came up and my friends at school had a cake for me. It was in the middle of midterms so we couldn't really do too much. Then I got in a fight with my boyfriend. The evening ended badly. It was actually a day I'd rather not pay much attention to. My 19th was one of the best days of my life though.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    Probably went out and bought a pack of cigars and a can of chew. I don't remember mine, but I remember Kevin's very vividly.

Blog Entries
    may it be noted that for many of us turning 18 actually meant being legally able to drink, hence the drinking. the US is one of the only places with 21 legal age.
    Last edited by Niamh; 10-07-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast