Thread: 100 Years of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

Exclamation 100 Years of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

Just to spread the word, 23 September 2009 will mark the 100th anniversary of the appearance of the first installment of Gaston Leroux's Le Fantôme de l'Opéra in Le Gaulois, the French paper in which the novel was initially serialised in Le Gaulois prior to publication in book format the following year in 1910.

To celebrate this achievement, a brand new Phantom Twitter stream has been launched to spread the word of the centenary and the latest news and developments concerning the Opera Ghost. Eventually it is hoped the stream will be used to release exciting new ongoing research currently being undertaken into the novel and all its subsequent adaptations (including, of course, the Lloyd Webber musical) in areas never previously explored. The more fans who join the stream, the better, so we can spread word of the centenary to the wider world and draw attention to all things Phantom!

Please follow by clicking here, logging on to Twitter and clicking the 'Follow' button.

I've seen the play twice. Once in Philadelphia on NYE and once on Broadway. I could watch POTO every couple years. I love it that much. My husband loves it too. He's the one who introduced me to the play. I think he's seen it four times.
    "So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wives' tales!There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS--OTHER PEOPLE!"
    — Jean-Paul Sartre (No Exit: A Play in One Act)

Phantom Addict
    Blog Entries
    September 23? So close to my birthday, only a few days off! Maybe that explains my obsession...

Oh my.... This is my favorite book of all times.. Gaston was another Van Gogh...

"Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was golden as the sun's rays and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes."