Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What unites all of humanity?

Literary Superstar Pryderi Agni's Avatar
    On the spires of Paris, with the Red Queen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    We are united in our striving to survive.
    If by this you're implying the struggle for existence, I think people with suicidal tendencies would pretty much like to disagree with you.

A Student
    We could be united in merely our own existance.

Or, in theology. Even atheists have a belief; the lack of one.

Understanding one another unites us more than anything in this world. How can we spur our understanding in this world of antagonism, hostility to one another rent with war and violence? Are we, Homo-sapiens capable of understanding at all? What helps trigger this understanding? This is possible only if we can imbibe sense of accountability. And if we abandon greed and remain focused on need and prepare for sharing this planet and the riches she impregnates. Regrettably mankind has not founded an institution till today works on indoctrinating people on sharing. I live in a city and there is a very big chasm between the haves and is boarding slums and shanties with the grassroots and next to that extends yards of temples and holy shrines. Big mansions are un-peopled. That means in big buildings people beget fewer babies than in slums and in slums where there is paucity of space but mothers their birth bigger numbers of babies. This is anomaly and incongruity. And there big temples, shrines with big rooms and wherein statues of stones that can weather all seasons are housed and at the sides of the temples people sleep in the bare-ground in winters with no cover or roofs above their heads. Imagine then what unites mankind?

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We are all pushing rocks up a hill.
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryderi Agni View Post
    If by this you're implying the struggle for existence, I think people with suicidal tendencies would pretty much like to disagree with you.
    The question of suicide comes in when the insticts we have for survival paradoxically turn against our life-system. Things such as depression, trauma, sickness, etc. (i.e. things that could lead to suicide) ingnite our momentary instincts for survival. When the pain is too much, our instincts, which are impulsive and cannot relate in the long term, search for a quick solution. In the end, the struggle for existence is not the struggle for life itself, but a struggle for a lack momentary pain.

Just as he flinch at the prick of a needle, we are in fear when a gun is at our head, not because we'll die (the thought of death does not sink immedietley, and if it is self-inflicted, fear of death is obviously lacking), but because we fear that it might hurt, even if it may only be momentary.
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

Stupidity. This the most common feature of homo sapiens.

A Student
    Updating my response to this question.

What unites all of humanity is that we have all fallen short of the glory of God; we have all sinned and are in need of a savior, and that savior is Jesus Christ, the only son of God, who died on the cross and was raised from the grave. We are to turn to him in faith and in repentance of our sins.
    Last edited by IceM; 04-04-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fear of strangers.

Love of baby seals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345