Thread: Jan Palach

Jan Palach

Browsing Favourite poems I came across one of Whifflingpins "Jan Palach" and memories came rushing in. It was composed by my daughter Jane Mapstone in 1969 when she was 15 following the Czechoslovakian uprising. I had not thouht of it for years but it still brought tears to my eyes.Thank you for reminding me.She is now a lawyer and has written two childrens books. Fenella

Quote Originally Posted by fenella View Post
    Browsing Favourite poems I came across one of Whifflingpins "Jan Palach" and memories came rushing in. It was composed by my daughter Jane Mapstone in 1969 when she was 15 following the Czechoslovakian uprising. I had not thouht of it for years but it still brought tears to my eyes.Thank you for reminding me.She is now a lawyer and has written two childrens books. Fenella
    As I have mentioned before, philosophically speaking the truth, the poet reader WILL appreciate their own tears once they're in a beautiful garden and read the beautiful poems. This is what the experts of literature said in a lot of universities.