Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Okay. Where is the forum reunion being held??

Blog Entries
    Pensive - those chairs are marvelous - know where I can get one?

...which reminds me, where have you been lately in our short story discussion....we all miss you.

How about a huge magic carpet? We could just float around the world together...see everything from a cloud!
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I've changed my mind, Bad was right Kansas is not a good place for the reunion. I change my vote to Louisiana.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Fairyland always has my vote
    Shall these bones live?

mackinac island, we alone could make all the residence die of shock when they se 5 ferries of people step onto the island all of them reading thousands of books
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

Blog Entries
    They probably fall all into the sea for being too absorbed in their reading and not looking at where they're going
    Shall these bones live?

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Pensive - those chairs are marvelous - know where I can get one?
    Hi Janine! () Ummmm....that's the problem, we have to find the place where they actually are to spend the day of our forum reunion perhaps?

...which reminds me, where have you been lately in our short story discussion....we all miss you.
    Was busy in fooling around and playing games lately! But now you remind me of it, I would most certainly be there! Miss it too!

How about a huge magic carpet? We could just float around the world together...see everything from a cloud!
    That's a good idea but would we be able to put our eatables' stall on it? And oh there would be plenty of heavy heavy books! I fear the carpet would collapse...
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post

That's a good idea but would we be able to put our eatables' stall on it? And oh there would be plenty of heavy heavy books! I fear the carpet would collapse...
    And it wouldn't be to stable for our drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    And it wouldn't be to stable for our drinks.
    Exactly! And there are even some carpets which follow their own 'mind' who knows where they take us? *pretends to shudder at the thought*

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    Meet me in the vicinity of the Concepcion' volcano, Nicaragua, Central America. I think........sometime in.....late February 2008.

..................and bring the curved chrome chair.........

Wonderful to see so many of you still active on this website. And though I originally started this thread, and have travelled extensevely since, and extended invitations numerous times............I have not yet experienced the pleasure of sharing a beverage with anyone from the forum. So........Pacific Coast, Central America............see you there....................

............P.S. One day, in the next year or 2........Iceland. Be sure to pack a bathing suit.................

Blog Entries
    hey Baddad! Was wondering where you've been.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by baddad View Post
    Meet me in the vicinity of the Concepcion' volcano, Nicaragua, Central America. I think........sometime in.....late February 2008.

..................and bring the curved chrome chair.........

Wonderful to see so many of you still active on this website. And though I originally started this thread, and have travelled extensevely since, and extended invitations numerous times............I have not yet experienced the pleasure of sharing a beverage with anyone from the forum. So........Pacific Coast, Central America............see you there....................

............P.S. One day, in the next year or 2........Iceland. Be sure to pack a bathing suit.................

That's only because you leave vague details of where you'll be, good to see your still around. Were your ears burning?

baddad, ok, i'll bring a swim suit to iceland, but we'll have to take eskimo gear if we're going to go to central america, once the poles shift we'll be freezing anyway
    life philosophy: "if one wants to succeed, they must become independent, if one wants to be independent, one must strive past the dificulties, using them to shape future desicions, like a sword being folded, every fold is a hardship overcome, and every fold removes one more imperfection that would destroy the completed version"

# of 1st Dans, Black Belts achieved- 2 (1 Hapkido, Sun Moo Kwan), (1 Tae Kwon Do)

Blog Entries
    Shakespeare and Company, Paris....meeting place for many poets and authors for many many years gone by.....how great is that? We might sit in a chair that James Joyce once occuppied.

Hi Janine! () Ummmm....that's the problem, we have to find the place where they actually are to spend the day of our forum reunion perhaps?
    You can bring your great chairs to my magic carpet! We will be rockin' in the sky.....and floating on clouds.....

Was busy in fooling around and playing games lately! But now you remind me of it, I would most certainly be there! Miss it too!
    I noticed - well, it is summer and you needed a rest and 'down-time'. Thanks for coming back to short stories. Starting a new one now; will you participate - you are a great asset!

Pensy, didn't you know? 'Magic Carpets' can hold a entire world! Weight is no problem in the realm of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    You can bring your great chairs to my magic carpet! We will be rockin' in the sky.....and floating on clouds.....
    Pensy, didn't you know? 'Magic Carpets' can hold a entire world! Weight is no problem in the realm of imagination.
    Your magic carpet sounds good but still there is a fear of its collapse? By most of the 'magic carpet' books I have read, I have learnt never to trust it! Many claim it has a mind of its own and can take you anywhere. Risky and scary, isn't it?

I noticed - well, it is summer and you needed a rest and 'down-time'. Thanks for coming back to short stories. Starting a new one now; will you participate - you are a great asset!
    Oh don't thank me I myself like to discuss Lawrence's works. And yes, I would love to participate in this one too. I am afraid though I might not be able to remain very active, because I have got some other books also to read/complete yet in July including To the Lighthouse, Oscar Wilde's stories, upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and another book which I am reading at the moment. But as these are summer vacations, there is a plenty of time and I would love to participate.
    Last edited by Pensive; 07-20-2007 at 02:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Your magic carpet sounds good but still there is a fear of its collapse? By most of the 'magic carpet' books I have read, I have learnt never to trust it! Many claim it has a mind of its own and can take you anywhere. Risky and scary, isn't it?
    Pensy, true they can have 'a mind of their own' sort of like computers ...BUT.... MY magic carpet is a special one - very sturdy - and equiped with steering and other high tech equipment (do use your imagination!). It is a lovely Persian carpet and wonderfully soft to glide along the heavenly realms of soft fluffy clouds (those clouds also will keep us airborn). What a spectacular view we will have of the entire world and the stars and planets, too. We can wave to all our friends on Lit Net, as we sail by their repective countries, on the upper atmospheric vapours or purest blue. Dream, dream, dream and we will be fine and safe, too! The carpet is the place to meet. Anyway, most of us already have our minds high in the clouds - don't we? It won't take much to get us airborn!

Oh don't thank me I myself like to discuss Lawrence's works. And yes, I would love to participate in this one too. I am afraid though I might not be able to remain very active, because I have got some other books also to read/complete yet in July including To the Lighthouse, Oscar Wilde's stories, upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and another book which I am reading at the moment. But as these are summer vacations, there is a plenty of time and I would love to participate.
    I am glad you do. It seems several of you have found a new interest in reading Lawrence. I am glad I have been influencing your all in that respect. Still I do know how busy we all are, most definitely, including myself! I have slowed up some, but now that you mentioned it - I am also reading TTLH and the Oscar Wilde stories. The Wilde - I just got them out of my library today. I don't think the book has all of them, ,so I may have to read some oneline. I only read one, so far - 'Devoted Friend' - but the others I have read years ago and know pretty well.
    Wow, so you are also reading two other books - the Potter ones?! Well, the short story this time is just that -- short-- so if you do find any time left over, stop by for some comments or just to read the posts or say hi. Always good to see you there!
    Last edited by Janine; 07-20-2007 at 05:24 PM.