Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing Together........

Writing Together........

Here's an idea. One person starts a story, and other people carry it on and we'll see what we end up with? Do it a paragraph at a time! OK, I'll probs look like a fool if no one responds but here we go:

Simon looked over to the corner of the room in which he stood. He had been there so many times, but still it seemed strange to him. So many memories, but none that he could instantly bring to mind. Why had his mind gone blank? Why did he know this room?
    Books are the carriers of civillisation- Henri "Papillon" Charriere

The girl who appeared from the shadows in the corner of the room gave Simon a quick wink and motioned for him to join her. Simon obeyed and positioned himself across a dimly lit table from the stranger who so appealed to his curiousity. "I know what you're thinking," she said in a voice barely audible above the casual chatter of the room.

"How could you know that?" Simon trembled as the girl placed her hand on top of his. He quickly pulled it away and firmly clasped his together. The girl smiled at his vulnerability. This was how she had hoped he'd react.

The man that was sickened with amnesia(spelling?) couldn't have made such a terrible mistake. The malevolant woman, an alchemist of sorts, needed to get the "soul" of the man to have the power of changing every substance into another substance. The man felt a hidious power pulsating from the woman, but he went with her. Down spiralling steps the couple went, the man growing more worried because these steps reminded him of something that he might have traveled down in the past. He didn't know that these steps were created by him in a past life as a mason...
    currently in my world of insanity and randomism

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Charlie sat up suddenly. It was another nightmare. She turned on the bed side light and started to get up,. she wasnt going to sleep now. The nightmares were getting more real. This time she knew the mans name Simon. It was geting genuinly creepy the way she kept dreaming about this complete starnger nearly everynight. And it was always the same until this time.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Charlie got herself out of bed and pulled on her dresssing gown. She went downstairs, grabbed a glass of water and sat in the armchair that she had got when her grandfather had died, it was now he reading chair. She put on her small reading glasses and began thumbing through th pages of her book, but her mind was not concentrating on the words.

Blog Entries
    Finally she put the book down in despair. It was no use she just could not get interested so she decided to put on the television. Late night TV may be rubbish but at least it might get her mind off the nightmares.
    So she started to flick idally through the channels surfing in and out of; talkshows, films, documentries- when suddenly she sat up and started hard at the screen it couldnt be could it?
    There he was on Television the man from the dreams --Simon.
    Last edited by Nightshade; 06-25-2005 at 04:38 PM.

|currently reading

She peeled her glasses from her face and threw herself on the floor in front of the television. She gazed at his face, and for a split second, it was almost as though Simon was staring back at her. Something in his expression told Charlie that he had recognised her. She laughed at herself, how was that possible? He was on the screen, he wasn't even aware of himself being filmed.

Blog Entries
    Simon turned to look at the reporter from the BBC.." Exuse me sir, would you mind giving your opinion on the the move to renstate the Inquision?"
    "huh? Oh right well I dont belive in maghic, renicarnation or any of the rest of it so I hardly see the point."

|currently reading

The screen moved from the scene and began talking about some new unimportant headline, but Charlie remained fixed on the floor staring at the screen. Simon had been there, and she had recognised where he was. She had to find him, only the interview hadn't been recorded live. She only prayed that he would still be in the area the next morning.

Blog Entries
    She decided to use her RED button on the digital Television to recall the interview and to watch ity again. " This is Brian------- Reporting from outside the Mansdale building in --------- for the BBC"
    The mansdale building was only the other side of town this meant 2 things, one Simon was real 2 he lived right here in the same city as her.

|currently reading

She decided not to return to bed as it would be pointless as her thoughts would not let her sleep. She opened up her small notebook and began to jot things down from her dreams, and questions that she could ask Simon about why she had seen him so many times!

A sound from the kitchen, something dropping, falling, rattling on the floor. Charlie froze. Her pen fell to the floor, not rattling, carpet muffling the impact. Heart pounding, sweat breaking, she slowly looked toward the doorway that shouldn't be spilling light at her feet this late.

Blog Entries
    Carefully she got up and looked around her for some kind of weapon. Excellent the Urn.
    Slowly she crept into the kitchen.
    " now Charlene is that the way to greet a guest"
    Charlie werelled arounnd and there behind her stood HER the malvolentr woman from the dreams, or rather nightmares.
    "who are you" BEEP he voice sqeaked. Take a deep charlie youve just fallen a sleep again, You need tto wake up!
    " sorry to dissapoint you my dear but you are not dreaming, I am very much here and as for who I am look inside yourself the answer is there.."
    She was tall and pale skinned with long dark hair, she spoke with a strange accent and her voice was like a whisper but as crystal clear. The world suddenly began to spin.

|currently reading

Who was this woman? Charlene racked her brains as her head became dizzier and dizzer. It was almost as though she was leaving her current body and drifiting back to a time she didn't recognise. She was standing in a hospital, her father, her YOUNG father was standing beside her, but he couldn't see her. She walked over to him but he looked straight through her. As she stared at him, the background turned back to her kitchen but she still didn't move her eyes from the spot where he had stood.
    "What just happened?" she inquired without looking up.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast