Thread: Evil in alice in wonderland?

Smile Evil in alice in wonderland?

How is evil defined in the book?
    Who is the primary villain?
    How does the villain contribute to the development of the child protagonist?

I would have to say that the Queen is the clear villain and representation of evil in the book. But how does she contribute to the development of Alice?

Although the queen has a weird taste for sentences I think the Chesire Cat still gives nightmares. I honestly don't know if in a certain way the Chesire Cat is responsible for Alice's trial (I remember Disney film - the cat is really weird). I still don't know what is the point of that cat!

I have not read this book in my babyhood and I did not know or have no access to such books, but I told the story to little children when I was a teacher. This book fascinated me beyond limits. I found this book as a story as every child feels his imaginations get fuelled and as an adult I find many allegorical things or underlying ideas that appealed to me immeasurably

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.