Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neat screen names and avatars

neat screen names and avatars

for me thats a part of the fun of the site. i enjoyed coming up with "bounty" and a photo of the same---from one of my favorite books, mutiny on the bounty. i know every time i see dark muse's avatar i like it. and i was just struck my "miss twain's" username. and id be remiss if i did not mention my friend here "wilde woman". "papayahed" makes me smile.

i am not thinking necessarily of a contest but i wonder if we could share some of our thoughts on that?
    Last edited by bounty; 05-24-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    I use this screen name all the time, and people make fun of me for spelling "wolf" incorrectly. Psh, I mean it like "Virgingia Woolf."
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    I have moved this thread into general Chat because it is not really ganeral literature

I do wonder sometimes about the process people gothrough to choose screen names, and 'personas' I chose nightshade becasue Keats' Ode to Melancoly was stuck in my head and my real name means something like the darkness of the night.

But Then there is the whole Nightie thing with al the smilies and such, Ihonestly can't remember where that came from, it just kind of did.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

I like Wilde Woman as well!

I am not that creative, I'm afraid. Maybe I'd be able to think about one now, but it's too late...

Justmadethatup is also funny
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I have moved this thread into general Chat because it is not really ganeral literature

I do wonder sometimes about the process people gothrough to choose screen names, and 'personas' I chose nightshade becasue Keats' Ode to Melancoly was stuck in my head and my real name means something like the darkness of the night.

But Then there is the whole Nightie thing with al the smilies and such, Ihonestly can't remember where that came from, it just kind of did.
    my apologies nightshade (which is actually one of my favorite wildflowers), ive been here since the fall of last year but i am still learning my way around.

King of Plastic Spoons imthefoolonthehill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I use this screen name all the time, and people make fun of me for spelling "wolf" incorrectly. Psh, I mean it like "Virgingia Woolf."
    I read a short story somewhere where the dog was named "Virginia Woof"

anyone know what that is?
    Told by a fool, signifying nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    Don't even tell me that someone actually said something...I picked up on that...

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    for me thats a part of the fun of the site. i enjoyed coming up with "bounty" and a photo of the same---from one of my favorite books, mutiny on the bounty. i know every time i see dark muse's avatar i like it. and i was just struck my "miss twain's" username. and id be remiss if i did not mention my friend here "wilde woman". "papayahed" makes me smile.

i am not thinking necessarily of a contest but i wonder if we could share some of our thoughts on that?
    I absolutely love the ship, 'Bounty'...is there any particular ship that you had in mind? ......yeah, that question was in mind before I even read this post....so I decided to ask it anyway!
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

My username "Stargazer" is a reference to Stargazer lillies. My daughter's name is Lilith and we call her Lily. And I have Stargazer lillies tattooed down my right side with her name and birthdate. And I love the night sky I think Stargazer sounds pretty. 86 is my birth year. I kinda wish I'd left that off though as I doubt any one else has taken the name Stargazer on here. I'm not very creative with names.

Bounty- You might be interested in the thread that was started the other day about pen names. Nom de Plume is the naem of the thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer86 View Post
    My username "Stargazer" is a reference to Stargazer lillies. My daughter's name is Lilith and we call her Lily. And I have Stargazer lillies tattooed down my right side with her name and birthdate. And I love the night sky I think Stargazer sounds pretty. 86 is my birth year. I kinda wish I'd left that off though as I doubt any one else has taken the name Stargazer on here. I'm not very creative with names.

Bounty- You might be interested in the thread that was started the other day about pen names. Nom de Plume is the naem of the thread
    The only flower on the planet so far that i know of that makes me sneeze is the stargazer lily. I thought it had something to do with stargazing... esp from the profile.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    The only flower on the planet so far that i know of that makes me sneeze is the stargazer lily. I thought it had something to do with stargazing... esp from the profile.

lol I know. That's what most people think. I really do love the night sky and laying out in the open desert to watch the stars. Aesthetically, for my profile page, I far prefer a night sky theme over a lilly theme. But I do have that x-ray photo of the lilly by Steven Meyers at the top of my page

Proud to be a Teacher jhonerliz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My user name, Jhonerliz, is a combined name of my husband and mine.... My husband's name is Jonas, while my name is Erliza...
    About my avatar, well, it was the simple present of my students last Valentine's Day.
    Your Guardian Angel

im not sure i understood your question bienvenu---but thats okay, i am a phantom of the opera fan!

thanks for the heads up niamh, i will check that out.

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lokasenna is my favourite piece of Eddaic poetry - I absolutely love Loki's poisonous wit. As for my avvy... well... that's me.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

I always use this username online. My real name means 'strong', and Tsuyoiko is a rough translation into Japanese, because the first forum I ever joined was a Japanese language learning forum.

My avatar is of my rabbit, Arthur. He's named after the most famous Arthur of all
    "Books don't offer real escape but they can stop a mind scratching itself raw." David Mitchell

Blog Entries
    I'm not very original so I just used my name but my avatar is just a pretty picture that represents my feelings
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast