Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Decade since Oklahoma City Bombing

Decade since Oklahoma City Bombing

I'm not sure if this is in the news today where everyone is but it is here in Oklahoma. Thought I would just let everyone know.

I remember where I was when I first heard of the bombing. I was living in Oregon City, Oregon and was in Social Studies class watching Channel One.

Does anyone remember where they were?

Quote Originally Posted by shortysweetp
    Does anyone remember where they were?
    I remember being in school also. When it occurred, I must have attended a class, and had not heard about it until my lunch break from some of the other students, who, incidentally, had skipped his former courses, and had heard about it on the radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by shortysweetp
    I was living in Oregon City, Oregon and was in Social Studies class watching Channel One.
    Coincidentally, I was born there - Oregon City, not in a social studies class.

fated loafer
    Hey, do you guys call it gladstone or happyrock?

wow, 10 years? it actually feels like longer ago... it wasnt on the news here as far as i have seen, and i dont really remember much about the time, just some images on tv and that i wrote something about it in a diary i was keeping at the time.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Oklahoma City bombing? What was bombed? There has been so many bombings. And 10 yeras ago I was too young to care or rather be interested. But actually, I just read Hillary Clintons autobiography, and I think it was mentioned there. So I have heard about it, but can't remember what it was about. But then again I'm not American. Wonder if we here in Finland are going to aknowledge the 10th anniversary of the Myyrmanni-bombing. Might well be, cos that was the first ever bombing here in Finland. That is of the "terroristic" kind.

Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you have never met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by faith
    Wonder if we here in Finland are going to aknowledge the 10th anniversary of the Myyrmanni-bombing. Might well be, cos that was the first ever bombing here in Finland. That is of the "terroristic" kind.
    awful, wow! didn't realize Finland had ever been bombed. for more info:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/myyrmanni-bombing
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Quote Originally Posted by amuse
    awful, wow! didn't realize Finland had ever been bombed. for more info:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/myyrmanni-bombing
    "Finland was bombed" sounds a little too "big". It was a 19-year-old boy, who had made a bomd himself. "Only" 7 were killed. And they boy wasn't a real terrorist. Just someone who wanted to kill "for no particular reason". So nothing like Oklahoma City, but then again little Finland isn't the USA.