Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Do you have any free time?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 76.00%
  • no

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any free time?

account closed at request of member
    Blog Entries

Do you have any free time?

Lets begin with this: do you have any free time?

How do you enjoy it?
    If you don't, do you miss it?

No - every free minute is assigned to something - I actually descide to waste time on "what I should be doing" by doing everything else.

loquacious cat mrawr
    the split second between taking off my socks and going to bed, and falling asleep.

Until recently I had very little free time. It was either spent at rehearsal or doing homework. But school's winding down for me now and the play I'm in has been performed, so I have quite a bit of free time.

I use it to read and write, mostly. I'll either read a novel or the news online, and write short stories when I feel the urge. I'll play video games, too, which I do more often with friends than when I'm alone.

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    If you dont enjoy your time (both at work & home) then things are pretty screwy - this is especially the case for people in college, I cant fathom how someone could pay to study a subject but not enjoy what they are learning. The same goes for work too, if you dont like the job you do do something about, sure there are always ****ty days when you are just fed up & dont want to be there - but these days are always out-numbered for me by the days that things are going well & I'm walking around smiling like an idiot all day long.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

loquacious cat mrawr
    I certainly enjoy both my study and my job, and my various activities that I do inbetween that. Freetime would have to be the unscheduled time, so I can't count karate etc, and any unscheduled time means I sould be reading for my next class, or writing on the semester project.
    I love it though, even if I very rarely have not got anything to do. I used to have to prioritise which homework I had time for!

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Nah I think you can definitely count your karate in as your free time. After all it is certainly not a requirement right? It is just one of the things you choose to do in your free time - same as I could use some of free-time currently to be doing karate instead of watching The Alamo -all just different uses of our free-time
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Blog Entries
    I have lots of free time... so i fill it up with lots of other things.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    I have a lot of free time nowadays. It's not all that though, and I find that even though I have lots of free time, I plan a lot of activities in it. Which is good, although the unscheduled time is pretty sweet and awesome too, but that's also because I am sweet and awesome. Or at least I just convinced myself I am. It sometimes doesn't come out all that well.

This is free time for instance it is sunday evening and I try to always have this time off for just random activities. Which works so far. although I now realize I completely forgot to call someone and it is too late now, so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Aha too much free time and you start forgetting responsibilities.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

loquacious cat mrawr
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted exile View Post
    Nah I think you can definitely count your karate in as your free time. After all it is certainly not a requirement right? It is just one of the things you choose to do in your free time - same as I could use some of free-time currently to be doing karate instead of watching The Alamo -all just different uses of our free-time
    Well, I find myself dissagreeing. When I was in school, life was more simply divided between school and freetime. Now I have so many things to administrate between studies, work, social obligations, volunteering, and of course my sports. As much as I love to do those things, I think it's safe to say they are all part of making my life stressfull, because they all have to fit in a schedule. Therefore, freetime has come to mean, for me, the time where I do not HAVE to do something. And yes, I do feel I have to go to karate because otherwise I will be behind for the next lesson etc.
    When I do decide to take time for myself, I consider it my free time from my hectic life.
    It's really semantics though.

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Free time what is tis free time, there is almost always books to read, people to annoy/stalk/ collect. list of things I havent done to do.. and if all that fails cooking and cleaning, whihc never seems to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kilted exile View Post
    If you dont enjoy your time (both at work & home) then things are pretty screwy - this is especially the case for people in college, I cant fathom how someone could pay to study a subject but not enjoy what they are learning. The same goes for work too, if you dont like the job you do do something about, sure there are always ****ty days when you are just fed up & dont want to be there - but these days are always out-numbered for me by the days that things are going well & I'm walking around smiling like an idiot all day long.
    Bisactly! I love my job, I could live at my job... ok maybe I love it a wee bit too much, but it makes me favourite employee for extra ohours whihc means more money whihc means more books so I am happy#!
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What is this thing you call 'free time'? I must try it sometime...
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    yep. my life is full of free time. Those are the wonders of staying up all night- you have way more free time than if you sleep.

account closed at request of member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    yep. my life is full of free time. Those are the wonders of staying up all night- you have way more free time than if you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    What is this thing you call 'free time'? I must try it sometime...
    haha!

Freetime is the time when I

1. spend in the internet, specially LitNet
    2. watch a good movie
    3. shoot playmobil stories
    4. play chess with a friend

5. stroll around in a green area (in Rio, there's Jardim Botânico)
    6. go skating
    7. go to a bookstore, or to a toystore ... or stroll in a shopping center, and have an ice cream

8. go to cinema
    9. go eat in a restaurant

First four of them I can't live without, and they happen mainly on weekends (but playmo I can do during the week, at night, it's good ...);
    ## 5-7 I shouldn't live without, but .. well.
    8 & 9 I never do, nowadays, because of lack of money.

This is free time, for heaven's sake!~

I have plenty of free time. I need a hobby.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast