Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 469 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 7033

Thread: Cold Ale - The Blokes' Thread!

  1. #16
    Memsahib Madhuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pride Land
    Posts
    6,601
    Blog Entries
    36
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....

    I can see that most of the posts that guys have made are about women tennis players....

    That is what guys talk about....all the time..... don't believe me....just have a look at Dori's latest blog entry....
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

    Be the change you wish to see

  2. #17
    Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a lurid pink building...
    Posts
    2,769
    Blog Entries
    5
    What about those of us who don't drink beer? Might I get away with a G&T? Or perhaps a glass of Pimms?

    Nor do I follow tennis, but the second lady is certainly a looker, with the third one only a little behind. I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

  3. #18
    Vincit Qui Se Vincit Virgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,355
    Blog Entries
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....

    I can see that most of the posts that guys have made are about women tennis players....

    That is what guys talk about....all the time..... don't believe me....just have a look at Dori's latest blog entry....
    Ok if not tennis players, how about Anastasia Ashley, a professional surfer.


    LET THERE BE LIGHT

    "Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

    My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

  4. #19
    Registered User Emil Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....

    I can see that most of the posts that guys have made are about women tennis players....

    That is what guys talk about....all the time..... don't believe me....just have a look at Dori's latest blog entry....
    With all due respect, Dori is 17 ( If I remember rightly ) and any heterosexual male of that age who doesn't continually think and talk about women has a problem.

  5. #20
    Registered User Emil Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    It certainly does me one!

  6. #21
    Registered User Zee.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    This thread is going to turn in to a perve-athon.

  7. #22
    Registered User Emil Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Ok if not tennis players, how about Anastasia Ashley, a professional surfer.


    She's certainly a charmer Virgil but did the surfboard have to be in that position?

  8. #23
    Orwellian The Atheist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The George Orwell sub-forum
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Which only goes to show that, no matter what men do, women can't leave them alone.
    Bravo!

    Look at 'em, they keep on coming in.

    That's it, I'm password protecting the thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....
    Ah, but there's a huge difference in male reverence for the female form and women busting in on our party!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    What about those of us who don't drink beer? Might I get away with a G&T? Or perhaps a glass of Pimms?
    Hell yeah, G&T is ok.

    As long as it's a good quality and the tonic is real tonic water. Angostura and a slice of lemon or lime is perfectly acceptable.

    Pimms.... Hmmm. Bit "sherry", if you know what I mean - stick to G&T.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    Nor do I follow tennis, but the second lady is certainly a looker, with the third one only a little behind. I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    Plenty of other women's sports to consider - hockey (the one played on grass), soccer, netball, and surfing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Ok if not tennis players, how about Anastasia Ashley, a professional surfer.
    Wow.

    I'm now sitting trying to figure why I've never followed surfing!

    Quote Originally Posted by limajean View Post
    This thread is going to turn in to a perve-athon.
    Yeah! Great eh?

    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

    Anon

  9. #24
    Vincit Qui Se Vincit Virgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,355
    Blog Entries
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    With all due respect, Dori is 17 ( If I remember rightly ) and any heterosexual male of that age who doesn't continually think and talk about women has a problem.
    What's my excuse?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

    "Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

    My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

  10. #25
    answers rhetorical ?'s
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Blog Entries
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Ok if not tennis players, how about Anastasia Ashley, a professional surfer.


    Ahh, Virgil, that is refreshing! I'm a-gonna go with the second tennis player, as well. The first and last did not do much for me.

    Lets see- my thoughts about beer . . . local breweries are okay, beer in general is great every once in a while, but I think I'll throw a shout out to my best friends in Lynchburg.
    So, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on what all the lovely pictured ladies on this thread choose to imbibe?

  11. #26
    Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    3,919
    Blog Entries
    81
    I hope this is the right thread for this little tidbit: but I just stepped outside my house, walked across the yard, took a few steps into the woods, and peed. And you know what I felt when the experience was over? PRIDE.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

  12. #27
    answers rhetorical ?'s
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Blog Entries
    76
    Fantastic! Peeing outside is the ultimate pride and joy of a man, in my opinion.

  13. #28
    Registered User Emil Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    I hope this is the right thread for this little tidbit: but I just stepped outside my house, walked across the yard, took a few steps into the woods, and peed. And you know what I felt when the experience was over? PRIDE.
    Isn't that carrying your liking for Walden a little too far? Why didn't you use the toilet?

  14. #29
    Orwellian The Atheist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The George Orwell sub-forum
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    What's my excuse?
    Good point - it doesn't make much difference how old you are.

    These are still as good as ever:

    Female brain
    Male brain

    Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    Ahh, Virgil, that is refreshing! I'm a-gonna go with the second tennis player, as well. The first and last did not do much for me.
    I will have to say that, as already noted, Sharapova's photo doesn't do her justice.

    Check here, along with any others.

    It could be that women's tennis was the greatest beneficiary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. I can recall the days when Chris Evert was the babest of them. She wouldn't make today's top 20.

    Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    So, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on what all the lovely pictured ladies on this thread choose to imbibe?
    I'd find it hard to believe that a surfer chick wouldn't have a beer now and then.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

    Anon

  15. #30
    answers rhetorical ?'s
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Blog Entries
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
    Good point - it doesn't make much difference how old you are.

    These are still as good as ever:

    Female brain
    Male brain



    I will have to say that, as already noted, Sharapova's photo doesn't do her justice.

    Check here, along with any others.

    It could be that women's tennis was the greatest beneficiary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. I can recall the days when Chris Evert was the babest of them. She wouldn't make today's top 20.



    I'd find it hard to believe that a surfer chick wouldn't have a beer now and then.

    Yes, those pics are much better . . .

    Those brain diagrams almost made me pee myself.

    I wouldn't know much about the Berlin wall- that was WAY before my time.

Similar Threads

  1. The "I Hate Shakespeare" Thread.
    By The Atheist in forum Shakespeare, William
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
  2. What makes a good thread?
    By Lioness_Heart in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
  3. LitNet FAQ Index:
    By Logos in forum The Literature Network
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
  4. The Lit. Net Rate-A-Day Thread
    By misterlit in forum General Literature
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •