Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 469 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Ale - The Blokes' Thread!

Blog Entries
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....

I can see that most of the posts that guys have made are about women tennis players....

That is what guys talk about....all the time..... don't believe me....just have a look at Dori's latest blog entry....
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about those of us who don't drink beer? Might I get away with a G&T? Or perhaps a glass of Pimms?

Nor do I follow tennis, but the second lady is certainly a looker, with the third one only a little behind. I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Even if women do not participate....the only topic that will keep this thread alive has to be on women....

I can see that most of the posts that guys have made are about women tennis players....

That is what guys talk about....all the time..... don't believe me....just have a look at Dori's latest blog entry....
    Ok if not tennis players, how about Anastasia Ashley, a professional surfer.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

With all due respect, Dori is 17 ( If I remember rightly ) and any heterosexual male of that age who doesn't continually think and talk about women has a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    It certainly does me one!

Blog Entries
    This thread is going to turn in to a perve-athon.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post

She's certainly a charmer Virgil but did the surfboard have to be in that position?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Which only goes to show that, no matter what men do, women can't leave them alone.
    Bravo!

Look at 'em, they keep on coming in.

That's it, I'm password protecting the thread!

Ah, but there's a huge difference in male reverence for the female form and women busting in on our party!

What about those of us who don't drink beer? Might I get away with a G&T? Or perhaps a glass of Pimms?
    Hell yeah, G&T is ok.

As long as it's a good quality and the tonic is real tonic water. Angostura and a slice of lemon or lime is perfectly acceptable.

Pimms.... Hmmm. Bit "sherry", if you know what I mean - stick to G&T.

Nor do I follow tennis, but the second lady is certainly a looker, with the third one only a little behind. I suspect the photo of the first lass doesn't do her any favours, mind...
    Plenty of other women's sports to consider - hockey (the one played on grass), soccer, netball, and surfing!

Wow.

I'm now sitting trying to figure why I've never followed surfing!

Quote Originally Posted by limajean View Post
    This thread is going to turn in to a perve-athon.
    Yeah! Great eh?

Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    With all due respect, Dori is 17 ( If I remember rightly ) and any heterosexual male of that age who doesn't continually think and talk about women has a problem.
    What's my excuse?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries

Ahh, Virgil, that is refreshing! I'm a-gonna go with the second tennis player, as well. The first and last did not do much for me.

Lets see- my thoughts about beer . . . local breweries are okay, beer in general is great every once in a while, but I think I'll throw a shout out to my best friends in Lynchburg.
    So, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on what all the lovely pictured ladies on this thread choose to imbibe?

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope this is the right thread for this little tidbit: but I just stepped outside my house, walked across the yard, took a few steps into the woods, and peed. And you know what I felt when the experience was over? PRIDE.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic! Peeing outside is the ultimate pride and joy of a man, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    I hope this is the right thread for this little tidbit: but I just stepped outside my house, walked across the yard, took a few steps into the woods, and peed. And you know what I felt when the experience was over? PRIDE.
    Isn't that carrying your liking for Walden a little too far? Why didn't you use the toilet?

What's my excuse?
    Good point - it doesn't make much difference how old you are.

These are still as good as ever:

Female brain
    Male brain

Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    Ahh, Virgil, that is refreshing! I'm a-gonna go with the second tennis player, as well. The first and last did not do much for me.
    I will have to say that, as already noted, Sharapova's photo doesn't do her justice.

Check here, along with any others.

It could be that women's tennis was the greatest beneficiary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. I can recall the days when Chris Evert was the babest of them. She wouldn't make today's top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by skib View Post
    So, gentlemen, what are your thoughts on what all the lovely pictured ladies on this thread choose to imbibe?
    I'd find it hard to believe that a surfer chick wouldn't have a beer now and then.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

answers rhetorical ?'s
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
    Good point - it doesn't make much difference how old you are.

These are still as good as ever:

Female brain
    Male brain

I will have to say that, as already noted, Sharapova's photo doesn't do her justice.

Check here, along with any others.

It could be that women's tennis was the greatest beneficiary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. I can recall the days when Chris Evert was the babest of them. She wouldn't make today's top 20.

I'd find it hard to believe that a surfer chick wouldn't have a beer now and then.

Yes, those pics are much better . . .

Those brain diagrams almost made me pee myself.

I wouldn't know much about the Berlin wall- that was WAY before my time.