Page 250 of 253 FirstFirst ... 150200240245246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

hmm, thanks to my way too expensive but otherwise new super fast internet, maybe 8-9?

a couple inspired by tailor's "smithereens" post, a couple old ones from the 2017 season of "the voice" (chloe kohanski), a few by garbage performing im only happy when it rains (my favorite is the "duet" with Chrissy hynde) and a re-run of (I had shared this with tailor before) heart performing stairway to heaven at the kennedy center honors from 2012.

an oldie but a goodie, how many pages left in the book youre presently reading?

Blog Entries
    Congratulations ! i'm only happy when it rains... on the soundtrack of Captain Marvel

How many days since you last changed a lightbulb ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

im delayed in the responding tailor so im guessing maybe you are finished with your last 42 pages.

yes, when she steals the motorcycle and heads off in search of her memories.

hmmm, within the last 20ish I think. I had a nifty three-pronged LED jobbie in my garage, and I dropped it, seemingly breaking it, so I had to put in a new old fashioned bulb.

remember the disaster that was those curlie-q bulbs? more expensive, less light, toxic components, etc.

how many teaspoons of sugar in your coffee or tea?

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Used to be 3. Now 0 because I have to avoid sugar. So no coffee or tea any more.
    How many books do you read in a month (aproximately)?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    re: books - although I'm an avid and constant reader I average less than 1-book/month.

42 is nod to Douglas Adams... https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...the-number-42/

re: sugar - doesn't go well in peppermint tea and I haven't had coffee in 18+ years, so... 0.

How many trips to the hardware store in the last month ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 09-18-2023 at 09:45 AM. Reason: edit
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

good timing on that one tailor. I own property and we spent the day yesterday (and will be part of today) working on a leak. two trips to the local hardware store, one to home depot, and three to our basement supply storage area.

so either 3 or 6 depending on how you reckon.

this doesn't technically count, but we just put a new roof on a house we own and that necessitated a half dozen visits to lumber supply stores.

danik, I use flavored water to sweeten my tea. it works really well.

I remember "42" from a big bang theory episode where raj and howard are trying to figure out why Sheldon has the number 37 (if I remember rightly) written on a white board in a basement supply room.

how many movies on your "I wanna see this" list?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've been told it isn't a project, or a project done right, unless you've been to the hardware store at least 3-times.

Sheldon's #37 was a hoot

Movies ? Just 2 and I'll prolly have to wait: "everywhere, somewhere, and something"? and Oppenheimer.

How many of your neighbors have kitschy Pink Flamingoes in their yard ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Lol!
    0 as everybody lives in skyscrapers without gardens or yards. Sometimes there are garages instead. So no place for kitchy flamingos.
    I don't know if we have flavored water here. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.
    How many cups of water do you drink per day?
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 09-23-2023 at 10:19 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

I haven't peeked at this yet tailor, but I plan to:

https://outdoordiscoverer.com/25-cla...s-bucket-list/

i liked the early BBT episodes (all in re-runs) but I don't like the later ones really. same with young Sheldon.

danik im sure you do---little packets of artificially sweetened crystals that you drop in the water. all the grocery stores and all the "dollar" type stores here have them and theres dozens of flavors. when will you be going food shopping next?

i'll keep my eyes peeled for pink flamingoes as I ride around.

I don't drink plain water at home---I have a well and the water tastes like minerals but when I add the aforementioned flavoring, I drink probably at least 3-4 cups a day. a little more if im doing the 20ish mile roundtrip bike ride into the nearby city.

if tailor's dreaded zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow, how many weeks worth of food do you have in your house so that you don't have to venture out and get eaten?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bounty; 09-22-2023 at 05:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Very little bounty . I often buy ready food like rice, potatoes and meat and mix fresh vegetables into the rice or whatever
    . This food usually lasts for one or two days. During pandemics I had more food at home.
    With the present heat, I think I drink about 6 cups of water a day.
    How many good movies have you seen this year?

Blog Entries
    Maybe 10 good streaming movies, some I'd seen before... nothing good in my few theater visits.

How many sources do you use for current events ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

so tailor, if the zombie apocalypse comes, and the mail service is still operating, we'll have to send danik some food.

I just stopped my DISH-tv service, so no more news on the telly. a teeny bit of radio when im in the garage (it comes on with the lights). everything else is online. I regularly go to a place where there are 4-5 sister sites of news and commentary, so I don't know if that counts as 1, or 4-5!

my "home page" is msn, but that's a conglomeration of many different sites for a variety of news. and since ive got high speed internet now, I was able to resurrect my "myyahoo" page, which also has modules from a variety of places covering different aspects of life.

one might say 4, one being my sister sites, one being msn, one being yahoo, and one being the radio but the middle two have a myriad of iterations. so maybe the answer is 4 to many dozens.

danik, since you are upside down below the equator, this one might be just for tailor---how many weeks until you might get your first snowfall?
    Last edited by bounty; 09-25-2023 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hi, bounty
    I hope you hadn't to stop your telly news because of the high speed internet.
    My internet pages are similar as yours they have several sources, in Portuguese they are called portals. I have got portal U O L, MSN and CBN Brazil and also Deut hug ýý makesamong others,but many sites are behind paywalls. That makes four.
    At 35 grades Celsius I pass the snow question on to tailor.

Blog Entries
    re: food - ok

re: Snowfall possibility usually no earlier than late November... I'll estimate 10 weeks, just after Thanksgiving. (35°C × 9/5) + 32 = 95°F... very warm Spring days for S.P. )

How many ice cubes in your fridge (estimate) ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

no more telly danik---the internet is expensive, the actual physical tv was starting to breakdown, and I found a few different websites that have free tv and movies. i'll miss some things, but gain others. the end result of all the recent additions and subtractions of services is that i'll be spending about 700-800 dollars less per year.

we usually get some snowflakes in late October, but it rarely stays on the ground.

no ice cubes but I have two of those little plastic things with frozen water inside them that work like ice cubes. I also have, though I don't have them in my freezer, plastic cups that have an inner and outter layer with water in between them that can be frozen. pretty nifty.

in your usual travels---whats the most iterations of any one type of commercial enterprise? for instance, my area has 3 dollar general stores I frequently pass by (or visit). we're about to get a 3rd tim Horton's.
    Last edited by bounty; 09-26-2023 at 02:42 PM.