Page 229 of 253 FirstFirst ... 129179219224225226227228229230231232233234239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

around 150 I guess.

How many CD's do you have?

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A lot. I havenīt counted them but I think about fifty or more perhaps.

How many cups of coffee do you drink every day?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Zero, but I won't say no if I'm offered one (or two).

(You say 'fifty or more' CDs is 'a lot'... I've bought more CD's than that this year ... tailor: 28200 music files on my computer - or 2400 hours)

How many hours do you listen to music in a week?

Blog Entries
    28200... wow! (smoking:0 (never); cds:150; no vote:1 or 2 since Nixon inclusive; McD:3; TV:2many; books:200?; coffee:0 ...

Music hours/wk: guesstimate 30-40 depending on week/mood... does not include my ocean waves music to help me sleep.

How many paintings and photos total are displayed at home ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 01-22-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: sleep music/coffee
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    About 20. My favorites are pictures a friend took a long time ago. Then there is the picture of Dickens, some of his characters and the Big Ben in my working room.
    NS-I have ceased to buy CDīs. When I want to hear music, I look for it in You tube now.

How many times a day do you walk and or drive a car/a bicycle?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Danik, in Portugal the brazilian political life is very talked about. Not only because of the historical relationship, but also because there's lot's of brazilians living in Portugal.
    Walk? Lot's... but medium/long distances, about 5 walks per day.

How many things do you collect? And which?

Blog Entries
    Itīs nice to know that, Lendo.

Today I collect only books. Formerly I also collected CDs (or Longplays earlier).

How many pages do you read or write per day?

It depends on how i'm liking the book and how light the book is. There's books that make us reflect and think about what we just read, and with books like that i like to read the chapter and than stop for a minute to reflect on what i just read.
    But on average, 50 pages per day.

How many Oscar nominated movies of this year have you already seen?

Blog Entries
    0... Going to the movies is a luxury for me. I hope to catch them on the telly eventually.

How many chimes in your home or garden ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

no chimes in the garden, but about 3-4 hung about the eaves on the house...in fact, the wood frame on one last night was keeping me awake so I need to go move that!

danik, im closing in on 5000 books. hope to make it this summer.

how many mark twain books can you name without peeking anywhere?
    Last edited by bounty; 01-27-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chimes? You donīt mean the door bell I suppose!

5000 books is fine bounty, Iīve ceased to count mine but they are certainly less than that.

Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, The Prince and the Pauper, then there is the short story of the slave that echanged her baby with her masterīs to avoid it being sold down the river.
    How many Dickenīs books can you name without peeking anywhere?

Blog Entries
    Chimes? You donīt mean the door bell I suppose!

5000 books is fine bounty, Iīve ceased to count mine but they are certainly less than that.

Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, The Prince and the Pauper, then there is the short story of the slave that echanged her baby with her masterīs to avoid it being sold down the river.
    How many Dickenīs books can you name without peeking anywhere?

ive got an excel file with author, title, fiction/non-fiction and a little bit of categorization (very rough). mostly in case anything happens to them i can work to replace what's lost. sometimes to be able to share the list with others.

hmm---i actually debated dickens or twain! smiles...

great expectations, oliver twist, hard times, little dorrit, the old curiosity shop, tale of two cities, mystery of Edwin drood, david copperfield, a Christmas carol (there are two other Christmas ones whose names escape me), Barnaby rudge, the pickwick papers, and Nicolaus nickleby. so 12---and im going to go look at my list to see if i have any myself that i missed!...

oh man! bleak house, dombey and son, our mutual friend, sketches by boz, and the life of our lord. i should have taken more time. ack!

how many "superhero" type movies have you seen?

Blog Entries
    Lol! I think you forgt only his Travel books and journalistic production (Household Words and there is another one)

I watched Superman on the telly. But donīt remember having watched any of the films.

How many American writers or poets are your favorites?

I can't say that an american writer is among my favourites, because there's very few names that i can refer as "one of my favourites". But concerning to the art of combining a serious note and an explicit or implicit sense of humour, Philip Roth is definitely one of best i have ever read. In the same note, i found "The Price and the Poor Boy" by Mark Twain a delightful book, amusing and well written.

How many portuguese authors can you name?