Page 252 of 253 FirstFirst ... 152202242247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

Blog Entries
    L.R.H.: Not exactly a favorite. I've read "Battlefield Earth" and found it quite enjoyable and some other sci-fi stories of his... and one decalogy which I wouldn't recommend due to its portrayal of a very decadent society being navigated by an altruistic alien. He was a writer in the sci-fi pulp era if I recall; ah yes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard . The movie "Battlefield Earth" was terrible, terrible, terrible but would make for a nice re-make in the right hands with the latest in movie magic.

Hmmm... "Grapes" intrigues me, I've only seen clips from the movie... in the public domain ? Perhaps yes: https://ia801408.us.archive.org/2/it...The-Grapes.pdf... whoa! that's a very long book... just starting Chapter XIII in "MD" though... maybe at the end of the year I can start "Grapes" (I wouldn't want the great white whale to show up in the dust bowl).

Start reading a Steinbeck book by the end of the year: 1

How many chapters in "Battlefield Earth" will you have read by the time I finish "MD" and start "Grapes" ? (smiles back)
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

laughs----unless you are some cute chick tailor, there is a good chance of zero battlefield earth chapters!

I suspect poppin and Sancho would enjoy some further moby dick conversation of you felt like posting on that thread.

i hope you'll end up reading grapes of wrath, its just so much a part of our literary landscape. hopefully i'll remember some time in the future to ask.

cant remember if i have asked this before---how many books have you read that have movies to them?

Blog Entries
    It's a shame re: "Battlefield Earth"... think I'll re-read it for the nth time

MD & TGOW: How 'bout we all just listen to some Moby Grape: (takes me back)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby_Grape
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jx8MX84-jE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVYQSbOiATY

hmbhyrthmtt: prolly every one that wasn't a collection of short stories

How many times have you listened to "How Many More Times" ?... https://www.google.com/search?client...5o2f9wzmw,st:0
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

maybe i'll find a chick someday who's interested in it.

moby grape sounds vaguely familiar.

I think we're miscommunicating a bit. unless you only read books that have been made into movies?

one counting today!

how many marvel movies have you seen since endgame?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... best guess 42

How many of Herbert's Dune book series have you read ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

noooo tailor----did you miss the word "marvel" in the question maybe?

you might enjoy hearing I saw a preview a couple days ago that you asked this and so prompted by it, went out to my garage and picked up dune and started reading it. so zero, but sometime relatively soon to be one.

am not liking it so much so far though...so we'll see. have you read it, or them?

updated to add: 23 pages in, still don't like it and I regret to say ive given up on dune.

how many star trek things are you presently paying any attention to?
    Last edited by bounty; 03-09-2024 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    No... 42 would be a well rounded guess... since I first viewed Endgame I've watched Captain Marvel maybe 8+ times alone, so a lot of repetition and the one viewing of The Marvels to round out the field... this doesn't even include the more serialized canon like Wanda Vision or Loki, etc. that Disney+ has out.

Sorry about Dune; I've read the first maybe 3 or 4-times and maybe the next two once each anciently. I watched Dune, pt. II last week on senior citizen discount day and enjoyed it immensely

ST/SJ and ST/SF look intriguing but not this year

How many ST or other Sci-fi / fantasy conventions have you attended ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

you have a secret crush on brie Larson?

the advent of the movies was part of my motivation tailor, but alas not to be. maybe its a movie I could watch and still enjoy without having read the book.

zero, but if there was one realllllly geographically convenient, id go. if I had someone to go with, id even go to one not to geographically convenient.

how many star trek regulars would you have liked to have gone on a date with?

Blog Entries
    Re: Brie - I find the character she portrays to be endearing, strong, intelligent, and witty. She and "Fury" have a great rapport together.

Hmmm... a date with a(n) ST regular... perhaps 7 or so.

How many teams are you rooting for re: March Madness ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

her rapport with nick fury was one of my favorite things about the movie.

its funny tailor, a lot of the YouTube movie critics I listen to didn't like her, or the movie, at all.

who's the number one st chick to date?

I dont pay any real purposeful attention to march madness, but I spent time at some D1 institutions and if ever I stumble across any of them playing, i'll root for them. so, either zero, or 2-3 depending on how we reckon "root."

how many old vinyl albums do you still have around?

Blog Entries
    Critics, their title screams negativity.

#1 ST date? difficult to choose, but a certain Dabo hostess comes to mind.

Vinyl: last I looked maybe a stack the width of a banana... no player though.

Same question ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I always liked the dabo girl outfits

ah alas tailor---I had a few hundred but now I have 0. my parents and especially my mother were great at giving me albums as I was growing up for presents. a number of reasons conspired to me to giving them all away many years ago. I wish in retrospect I hadn't. not only would I enjoy listening to them every so often, but they would have been a nice respectful testimony to my mother.

I encourage you to hit up some local thrift stores to see if you can hunt up an old record player.

if you had the pick the essential albums from your youth, how many would they be?

Blog Entries
    I may just get a turn table I've also thought to collect album covers to frame and display.

Essential albums... too many to number... the late 50's, the 60's, and early 70's of my youth was a ground-breaking era for music... and so much I missed until even now that I'm still discovering from all genres.

How many books have you read by Isaac Asimov (wikipedia: "A prolific writer, he wrote or edited more than 500 books.") ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

nooooo tailor, we have to work on your definition to actual practice practice! if your house was on fire and you only had time to grab 5-10 albums, which ones would they be?

what a fascinating coincidence. im reading I am legend which was a movie with will smith in it. the only Asimov book ive read is I, robot, with will smith in it! so, 1.

I like science fiction though, so it seems odd that ive not read more of him, especially given how prolific you say hes been. I also have fantastic voyage and I can easily imagine reading that, so make sure to ask this same question in a few years!

edit---heck tailor, I just went out looking for another book to read and I was going to do fantastic voyage but its not on my shelf, so I must have read it many years ago and wasn't remembering. change my answer to 2!

how many days since the flowers in your area have been blooming? or alternatively, since the first robins appeared?
    Last edited by bounty; 03-16-2024 at 02:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Have to give much thought re: albums... too many favorites/essentials. A few to start - Red Octopus, JAirplane, Led Zeppelinn, Beatlesn, The Doorsn, PF starting with Dark Side of the Moon, Enyan, Scorpsn, CS&Nn and their predecessors, DLn starting with Pyromania, Chicago, PR&theRaiders, Derrick & the Dominos, Cream, Clapton, Def Leppardn, STP, BTO, BOC, Satrianin starting with Surfing With the Alien, M&P, Cass, Joany Mitchell, Carol King, Blondie, Police, Talking Heads, Cars, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Heart, Rush, Ozzy, 38 Special... then there's the jazz and classical genres and R&B and more psy and prog rock and 50's/80's ... does that help ?

Wrote a few haiku when I noticed the first dandelions (2/20) & daffodil (2/23) relatively recently... http://www.online-literature.com/for...51#post1404351 I believe some of my periwinkles came out before them... the robins are ubiquitous year round in our clime. Enjoying the plum blossoms now... Awaiting the lilacs and roses

How many 8-track cassettes do you still have ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015