Page 251 of 253 FirstFirst ... 151201241246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

Blog Entries
    Easily Christmas Tree farms... https://www.pickyourownchristmastree...Axmaseldor.php some prolly not even listed. The closest is 1-mile away (exactly) with a second just a little further the other way... and another ~ 3.5 miles away.

Never heard of Tim Hortons... A Dollar Tree maybe 15?-miles away South over the river and through the woods and a Dollar General 15?- miles away the other way in Cool not too far from the 2-forks confluence of the same river. McDonalds just before the Dollar Tree and another across the same town near the only Walmart for miles a little further away.

How many pairs of shoes do you wear the most often ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In my street there is emporium M&M, a family store founded by a Spanish emigrant about 60 years ago. Now the store is managed mainly by his son, but 86 year old Manolo still enjoys sitting in his store and doing some lighter business. There is also an OXXO, three fast food restaurants, one more sophisticated coffee shop and restaurant.There are also four small supermarkets near by ( mainly extra and one Carefour).

To the nearest Mc Donalds, here recently christened "Méqui"(probably US sold the rights ) one has to take the bus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaHI8qZFqk

As for shoes, at home I wear my Ipanema flip-flops and when I go out a sort of Mokassin shoes.

How many trips downtown or to the nearest town you do in one week to buy food and household articles?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

i live 4ish miles away from the village, and 10ish miles away from the nearby city so think ahead a little bit.

id say I have a range of once per week, to once per three weeks.

but there is a small caveat danik---there is a store here called "big lots" and they put really inexpensive food out on their clearance shelves. anywhere from 25-75% off. so usually when im in the city, i'll stop there just to see what they have. also, for every three purchases you make, you get a 5 dollar off a 15 dollar purchase coupon, which I use exclusively on the clearance food. I make out like a bandit!

tailor---tim hortons is a donut place like dunkin' donuts.

I see I misstated my intention though---I shouldn't have used the word "type" when I was really meaning to ask about the same franchise but that's okay.

we all have memorized old phone numbers, our social security numbers, pi---but if someone were to give you some new non-sequential, non-patterned number right now, how many digits long before you couldn't remember it all?

Blog Entries
    7 digits ?

How many browsers on your main system ? (just added Safari 5.1. 7 to the mix (again)... the last Windows compatible version... so far acting nice with LitNet... too early to tell )
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

7 seems do-able to me too. although it might depend on the numbers too.

i have edge and chrome and a seemingly defunct internet explorer. so just 2.

how many bags of leftover/clearance halloween candy might you be buying soon?

Blog Entries
    0... have to watch my A1C

How many of "your" NFL teams made the playoffs ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I could only barely call the bills "my" team, but given their historic underdog status, I was also rooting for the lions and the browns.

so 1 for sure, possibly extended to 3.

how many days/weeks/months since your last visit to the dentist?

Blog Entries
    The obvious dystopian literary answer would be 40... or 42, depending on one's point of reference. I still have all four of my wisdom teeth which I understand is quite unusual in some circles I associate with

How many fishing or hunting trophies grace your home ? ("Big Mouth Billy Bass"('s) count double)
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

oh tailor, you are forgetting my animal loving, animal saving, vegetarian anti-hunting ways! zero trophies here.

yes, I think having all four wisdom teeth well into adulthood is a rarity.

how many days until the next "unseasonably warm" day?

Blog Entries
    Not even a "Big Mouth Billy Bass"... me neither.

I'll guess 17X7 days =119 days (mid June)

How many times have you split fire wood this past month ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

noooo tailor---by june it'll be normally seasonably warm.

we have the next few days in the mid to high 40s and then next week a couple of 50 degree days forecast.

just a few times in the months prior, none in the last month. normally I don't spilt my wood. I find cutting it, hauling it, and stacking it to be sufficient in terms of exercise. sometimes the logs I get are too big and I have to split them, but otherwise, occasionally putting in some really big logs works out pretty well because I also end up getting lots really small things too, and they work well in tandem. I did however buy a couple of new wedges last fall so maybe a little more splitting this year.

how many mark twain books have you read?

Blog Entries
    Oh, it's been unseasonable warm all winter with the exception of two very minor snow events... nothing like our Snowmageddon of two years past and Son of Snowmageddon last year... been seeing 50º's F (10º's C) often during the day. The El Niño event is producing a lot of rain below 3000' elevation (914.4 m) and snow above that through what the media terms an "atmospheric river"(thunderstorms yesterday and today)... we sit at about 2100' elevation (640 m)...

I have three steel wedges and a powerful (and very heavy) all steel maul splitter (like this one https://www.amazon.com/Truper-SIM-Su.../dp/B00D8G722W... it's a beast... just wish the handle was longer since I'm 6'4" (1.93 m) tall; that being said I benefit much more from the wood splitting efforts from church projects and the help from my Son-in-law as of late, though I still use the maul on occasion - like last week, powering through some pine rounds before our storms hit

3- Twain books to my knowledge: TS, HF, ACYIKAC, but have read other short stories of his.

How many different comic books have you read ? (Bonus - What's your favorite ?)
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

ive been seeing some California photos of lots of water tailor. so youre in the vicinity.

that's a pretty hefty tool. I think I saw that in one of the Vikings shows! I can well imagine its a good workout.

I was a huge fan when I was little, but none of the ones I had survived into adulthood. however, I found some inexpensive replacements at a nearby antique mall and bought a large handful. the new comic books/graphic novels are wayyyy too expensive and hardly ever show up in my used book shopping.

tough to say, depending on how you categorize them. if we are talking DC, then is that "one" or one for each different character plus the justice league as a whole? same with marvel. in addition to the super-hero ones, I remember Richie rich, the archies, casper, the lone ranger and im sure im forgetting some.

I loved them all, but DC was probably my favorite and id have to go first with the justice league, and a tie for 2nd between the flash and green lantern.

so many dozens into hundreds of individual comics into at least 6 upwards of ~25 different titles.

how mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny john Steinbeck books have you read?

Blog Entries
    0... seen a few movie renditions perhaps. Going very near to Cannery Row next week; cemetery near Dennis the Menace Playground (got a ride I think )

How many L. Ron Hubbard books and/or short stories of his have you read ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

nooo tailor, you have to read a steinbeck book. at the very least, of mice and men, the pearl or grapes of wrath.

zero---i have battlefield earth (although its not showing up in my book list) but its sooooo big i probably wont ever read it unless some external factor comes along to persuade me.

is he a favorite of yours?

how many john steinbeck books are you going to read before the end of 2024?? smiles...