Page 242 of 253 FirstFirst ... 142192232237238239240241242243244245246247252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Two or three. Tennis and moccasins outside( now there is an outside again) and rubber sandals "havaianas" at home.
    https://havaianas.com.br/calcados/chinelos/masculino/
    https://havaianas.com.br/calcados/chinelos/feminino/

How many videos do you watch per day?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    I like the Chinelo Havaianas Farm Alto Astral... prices seem reasonable too. Thought it was cool when I highlighted the R$ price the USD price showed up. I don't own a pair at this time but grew up calling these "havaianas" zoris: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zori or flip-flops

Maybe 2-videos a day...
    catching up on "Andromeda", a series circa 2000 that I missed for some reason. With buffering 2-videos take 3-4 hours approximately almost done with the last season I will watch at least one Old Testament Bible video in addition today for our FHE gospel study group tonight (Exodus 18,19, and 20).

How many books within reach are there next to you right now ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    (lol) How about you ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    I wont be able to count them. Lots of digital books in my PC.
    In the room where I write there are a big and two smaller shelves, full of physical books.
    How many books have you read the last three years?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    fancy digital books

Oh I dunno, 25-30 but nothing start to finish.

I guess Child of A Rainless Year almost was all of it.

Taking tailor STATELY's question ...

How many pets do you have?

Blog Entries
    Down to 2 household pets, kitties - Tinker Bell & Rosie and 1-dog (Maya) that has to stay at my sister-in-law's home across the property because Maya doesn't like cats... So 3 total. At one time we had quite a menagerie.

What was the last movie you saw at a Drive-In ?... or if none in a movie theater ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I think tailor you got "how many" mixed up with "ask a question to the person below?"

I have a new homeless cat I just lured in the house.

the area I grew up in, and now live in, used to have three drive-in movies theaters. now there is only one. i cant remember the last one i saw at them, but i do remembering seeing the remake of the thing with kurt Russell somewhere---maybe it was here, or maybe it was where i went to college in central ny. boy memories are funny things!

have not been to a movie theater since 2005 or 2006. it was either the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe which i think is magnificent, or revenge of the sith which i thought was terrible, but upon giving it further chances upgraded to tolerable. George lucas cannot write dialog, hayden Christiansen is wooden, he and natalie portman had no chemistry, and Samuel L Jackson was probably miscast as a jedi master.

how any days/weeks/months worth of a food supply do you have at home?

Blog Entries
    Yup. Happens when I have 30 tabs open and sleep deprived.

I've been trying for a year's supply... but have, most realistically, 1 month for the two of us that would ultimately be shared for 10 family members. Luckily we have 2-hunters in the local family of 10 and plenty of game.

How many power outages have you had within the last year ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

similar things happen to me too. sometimes its even worse when im replying to multiple messages to different people and I send a message meant for one person to another! ack!

I have a funny drive-in movie memory. my freshman year in college I got a ride to where a good friend of mine was going to school. on a lark I said "lets hitchhike to x place to see so and so" (who oddly enough we were close friends with). we got there, she was gone for the weekend, we were wondering what to do with ourselves and we found out that dawn of the dead was playing at a drive-in theater not far from campus. I don't remember exactly how we go to the theater but not having a vehicle, we had to hitchhike our way inside.

its hard to calculate but I have mayyyyyyyyybe close to a year and a half to two yrs if I have to eek it out.

I have a memory of at least one, maybe two. generally theyre not long ones, a few hours to an occasional overnight. the extra challenge for me when that happens is no running water.

how many movies in your all time favorite list (and what are they?)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, power outages are the worst... We have a generator for the plethora of outages we get; have to turn off most everything to power our well every now and then to fill our holding tank that supplies two households / the other household has a separate well... expecting power to go out tonite...

Movies, hmmm: 100's

I posted yesterday/today? about The Last Starfighter, anything to do with Time Travel - ie Edge of Tomorrow and ilk, Captain Marvel, Legend, assorted 20 minutes of Top Gun, 1/2 of the Marvel Universe of films, John Carter, Fantasia, the Sean Connery Bond movies, Prometheus, The First Men in the Moon, Star Trek The Voyage Home, lots of 50's Sci-fi especiallyWhen Worlds Collide and The Day the Earth Stood Still... going to leave it there before these cyclone winds knock out my power and wifi.
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 01-04-2023 at 10:34 PM. Reason: syntax
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Power outages are seldom here, but Internet crashed the day before yesterday.

Some favorite Films (there are so many!):
    Dodeskaden, The Idiot, Dreams, all by Akira Kurosava
    Midnight Cowboy
    The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews
    Life is a Miracle-Emir Kusturica
    Macunaíma

There are many much more recent ones, but I forgot the names

How many songs or musical pieces do you usually hear per day?

Blog Entries
    Dozens... I also have earworms constantly battling my tinnitus when not playing music... the most recent (both by the B-52's): Rock Lobster and Love Shack... " tin roooof ! - rusted "

How many fake houseplants are in your home ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 01-05-2023 at 07:03 PM. Reason: syntax
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

love shack is such a fun song.

tailor though, as to movies, I think we need to sharpen your definition of "favorites!"

no fake plants. I have 4 vegetable plants im trying to keep alive through the winter. I live amongst the trees and direct sunlight is hard to come by so its a struggle.

how many relatively common foods are on your "I cant eat this" list?