Page 244 of 253 FirstFirst ... 144194234239240241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

Blog Entries
    Lol... I'm good.

I'm not one into wearing shorts unless I'm at the beach, and that hasn't occurred for far too many years, on about a 80° F or greater day (26.7° C).

How many Ferengi does it take to change a light bulb? 0 or 5 or other ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I was pretty close to figuring that one out myself and the internet confirmed---2, one to put the new bulb in and one to sell the broken one. although why the same one who changed the bulb couldn't also sell the broken one is a mystery!

how many kinds/flavors of salad dressing in your fridge? you have to list them of course and you can count unopened ones in your cupboard too.

Blog Entries
    (Roquefort/Bleu Cheese is my favorite but I'm out) Ranch, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Olive Garden Italian, Creamy Strawberry, Creamy Blackberry Balsamic, Italian, Garden Herb Vinaigrette... 7

How many of the seven dwarves can you name on the first try ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

the most memorable salad dressing I ever had was orange poppy seed at a restaurant in Knoxville called darryls.

all seven with a slight delay on "happy." the 13 dwarves from the hobbit however are another story!

for a typical large 16" pizza cut into 8 slices, how many slices can you eat in one sitting?

Blog Entries
    Impressive ! As many times that I've read and watched The Hobbit I'd be hard pressed to remember all the dwarves' names too.

Prolly three at most pizza slices.

How many "smart" devices (Alexa/plugs/etc) do you use at home ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

the thing with the dwarves is when you see their names after you cant name them, you go, "oh yeah, I knew that..."

heck tailor im pretty sure I can still eat a whole 16" pizza.

a big fat zero on smart devices! although if I had an alexa or something like that id probably develop a crush on it. there is a big bang theory episode where raj does that.

might have asked this one before---how many hours in a good night's sleep?

Blog Entries
    (sheepishly) yeah, me too re: pizza.

"how many hours in a good night's sleep?" I've heard from studies that 7-8 hours of sleep is ideal for my age group (pre-sputnik). The sleep data from my smart watch is laughable: Never any REM and my sleep score is 49 or lower than 86% of all users, and I feel it. Mostly naps now with rarely up to 5 1/2 hours sleep in bed. I do fall asleep quickly in bed though because I'm usually sleep deprived and I boor myself from wakefulness with an ongoing sci-fi drama serial that I make up... stealing scenes from all the sci-fi and fantasy I've ever read and watched of course... the main protagonist is currently several billion years old and gets regular warnings to stop time travelling, which he can now do without any conveyance, and once, in the earlier years of this ridiculous serial, he separated 2- galaxies from colliding !

How Many thread, right ? Hmm...

How many times have you stepped on a nail ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I was just recently talking with someone about his smart watch and it monitoring his sleep. he didn't really have a good answer when I asked him okay, what do you do about your watch telling you youre not sleeping well?

do you have some strategies to employ?

not having a Sheldon cooper-like memory, I can only guess. id put the number around a dozen or so. I do however remember the location of my very first one, and I remember my most recent one, just yesterday!

how many books have you read more than once?

Blog Entries
    No sleep strategies... use my watch mainly for quickly viewing texts and calendar alerts & time & steps.

Nails: whoa ! Prolly 5+ or so for me.

Read more than once: Almost all my sci-fi collection... R.E.M. fan books a few times... Poetry books (other than The Inferno so far)... just off the top of my head.

How many bicycles have you gone through ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

ive only read a small handful of books more than once.

2 that were stolen, and at least 2-3 from being a kid that you either grow out of or that otherwise seem to just disappear over time.

ive got 4 right now, 2 of which are in need of serious overhauls to make them ride-able.

so 5-ish, bordering on 7.

how many football games do you think you'll watch this season?

Blog Entries
    hmmm... only watch the Thursday Night games when I can (Monday/FHE, Sunday/Sabbath)... and my wifi service is usually wonky AND the available channels are VERY limited... so I'll estimate 4. Oh, and maybe a Saturday game so I upped the estimate 1-more.

Same question ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 05-30-2023 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Saturday
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

all the bills games, that's 17

a handful of occasional other match-ups that might be of interest, ~6

at least one game in each of the post season steps, that makes 6

and then the super bowl, 1

so around 30.

concerning the outside temperature, how many degrees is too hot?

Blog Entries
    30... wow.

Temp: anything over 100° F (~38° C) here is nigh unbearable; 110° + makes me absolutely melt.

How many planets are there in the solar system where you live ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

30 does seem like a lot doesn't it, but more than half are bills regular season games, so I don't feel too football gluttonous.

I still subscribe to the my very educated mother just served us nine pizzas paradigm, so 9.

I don't know if its universally accepted or not, but I expressed some mild disappointment when some ago some high falutin' astronomer had pluto removed from planetary status!

how many pages left in the book youre presently reading (and of course what is it) and a rough estimate of how many days to finish it?

Blog Entries
    The Pearl of Great Price... once a week book discussion group at a very slow pace, maybe half way in... maybe 2-months to finish.

The New Testament... once a week FHE (empty nesters' group) discussion - it's a January 2023 to the end of the year study ("Come, Follow Me") so maybe half way through.

Read a lot of short stories and poetry that is mostly web based nowadays. Have an "Enders" series book yet to crack and occasionally listen to audio books on my smart speaker (middle of Martian Chronicles still... estimate forever because I listen in bed, lol. Also a daily BOM 18 verse snippet each day on my smart speaker Alexa app.

How many days, months, or years since you last used a crayon ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015