Page 237 of 253 FirstFirst ... 137187227232233234235236237238239240241242247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3781

Thread: How many ...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt View Post
    once.

How times have you been out to the movies this year?
    Once, Bladerunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    Zero. Christmas cards go against my values for friendship, family, and Christmas.

How many times have you changed your political party?
    Nice to see you round these parts. I never had any official parties, but I've changed quite a bit.

1. Probably would have voted NDP (far-left, by my standards (Euros may disagree), Canadian party) if I were of-age when I was between 13-17 or so. Most of my political consciousness was defined by the U.S.A though, and I thought Republicans and Bush were stupid/evil (I still mostly think this).

2. Self-identified as a Libertarian in 2012 for sure; probably would have voted Conservative around this point but never did (voting is totally pointless in Banff because the riding is 80+% conservative and will never change).

3. Nowadays I wouldn't vote for any party in Canada, but I probably lean Con if you put a gun to my head. Would illegally vote for UKIP, however.
    Last edited by Clopin; 11-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

Closed
    Good to see you, too!

I see you still don't bother putting the next question in your posts, so:

How many times have you fallen in love?

Blog Entries
    lol, oops

Zero times, but I was extremely infatuated with a girl once and it was a lot more intense than anything I'd ever experienced, so I think I could have gotten there. She wasn't interested, tragically.

How many things would you say you're really good at (relative to the average person, and not the expert)?

Closed
    Compared to the average person, a great many (over 100), but none of them practical.

How many times have you been bitten by a rodent?

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries

How many years have you had your current car or truck (or if neither, then how many years have you been carless/truckless?)

Closed
    A little over a year (I think). But the one before that was more than 10 years.

How many 2017 Christmas presents have you purchased so far?

Blog Entries

How many times in your life did you need to get stitches?
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Eight to ten (I used to play hockey). The only funny one took place when I was about ten. I was swimming in Lake Michigan (I grew up in the Chicago area). I came up quickly from underwater; the top of my head hit my brother's chin and split wide open. I emerged from the water with blood streaming down my face, yelling, "Shark! Get out of the water! Shark!" Three or four stitches.

How many times have you run from the police?

Blog Entries

How many times have you called the police?
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Never, although I've run from them many times (for minor indiscretions, both in terms of their sinfulness and my age). As kids we used to climb onto the roofs of public buildings, and when the police showed up flee into the night. I also streaked a police station the night before graduating from college. (edited to add) Actually, I've called the police a couple of times (I have just remembered) to report stolen bicycles.

How many countries have you visited?
    Last edited by Ecurb; 11-20-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    6 : England, Ireland, France, USA, Mexico, and toured my own country from west to east coast.

That was a good question, may I pose it to the next person...

How many countries have you visited?
    ~Albert Einstein

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    7: Argentina, Canada, England, Germany, Uruguay, USA, Switzerland plus several parts of my own country.

How many times a year do you usually travel?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Abroad once usually and couple of trips around the UK for brief escapes.

How many different types of fruit do you have in your fridge right now?
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Bananas, lemons, pineapple, apples, and some extremely rotten pears that I keep forgetting to throw away. In freezer I've got blueberries and black/strawberry mix. So 5 in fridge, 8 overall.

How many books have you read by your favourite author, and how many books has he or she written in total?

Blog Entries
    I have read 6 Dostoyevsky novels. He has written 16 novels and various short stories.

How many haircuts do you go to in a year?
    ~Albert Einstein