Im New
    Im from saudi Arabi
    I study Literature English
    I have hom work
    This the question
    _In drame Oedipus the King.rules of 3 unities.Discuss

Could you please clarify the question?

In the drame we have 3 unities
    Place.: The setting of the play should be one location: in comedy often a street, in Oedipus Rex the steps before the palace.
    Time.: The action of the play should represent the passage of no more than one day. Previous events leading up to the present situation were recounted on stage, as Prospero tells Miranda of the events which led to their abandonment on the island.
    Action.: No action or scene in the play was to be a digression; all were to contribute directly in some way to the plot

she want example for this unities
    from play Oedipus the King.

Think about where it was set (the place), the time (in the world of the play, how long does the action last for), and action (what happens?)

I do not know I ask you

Quote Originally Posted by sweet girl View Post
    Place.: The setting of the play should be one location: in comedy often a street, in Oedipus Rex the steps before the palace.
    Time.: The action of the play should represent the passage of no more than one day. Previous events leading up to the present situation were recounted on stage, as Prospero tells Miranda of the events which led to their abandonment on the island.
    Action.: No action or scene in the play was to be a digression; all were to contribute directly in some way to the plot

Well it would probably help to read the book and answer the questions since they aren't hard, but ill help you this time.

Place: Space, the final frontier, Oedipus sets out to find a new wife instead of his mother, and in the process meets the beautiful alien goddess Zarathustra.
    Time: The year is 1963, as such Oedipus must fight off bands of drug crazed hippies that see him as a symbol of war.
    Action: Oedipus gradually discovers secrets about himself until he understands that he is the blind idiot god Azathoth.

Quote Originally Posted by deadasdreams View Post
    well it would probably help to read the book and answer the questions since they aren't hard, but ill help you this time.

Place: Space, the final frontier, oedipus sets out to find a new wife instead of his mother, and in the process meets the beautiful alien goddess zarathustra.
    Time: The year is 1963, as such oedipus must fight off bands of drug crazed hippies that see him as a symbol of war.
    Action: Oedipus gradually discovers secrets about himself until he understands that he is the blind idiot god azathoth.
    hahaha... that's hilarious
    Last edited by Mariamosis; 03-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    -Mariamosis

DeadAsDreams
    thank you a lot
    I need more information

Quote Originally Posted by sweet girl View Post

sweet girl, I think you have more or less answered your own question - you know what the Unities are, you have outlined them so now all you need to do is find an example or two from the play in question - look at some of Oedipus' early speeches to the Chorus, Jocasta's speech to Oedipus about the death of Laius, the Attendant's speech towards the end of the play. Also bear in mind the circumstances in which these plays were originally performed - they were part of a religious ceremony, the story would have been known to the audience - and then you will see the significance of the Unities.

btw - English Literature? But you are reading a Greek play? Is this as a background to the study of Tragedy? Or are you required to Compare and Contrast with English Tradegy - I see you mention The Tempest?