Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite TV shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    what is SYTYCD???
    So You Think You Can Dance!

I'm losing all those stupid games
    That I swore I'd never play

^ One of the best parts about being in Canada is that we get to watch both the American and Canadian versions of the show.
    However, Cat Deeley > Leah Miller.

Criminal Minds, Numb3ers and The Big Bang Theory.
    Always do that, wild ducks do. They shoot to the bottom as deep as they can get, sir — and bite themselves fast in the tangle and seaweed — and all the devil's own mess that grows down there. And they never come up again. - The Wild Duck, Henrik Ibsen.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
    ^ One of the best parts about being in Canada is that we get to watch both the American and Canadian versions of the show.
    However, Cat Deeley > Leah Miller.
    I've never seen the Canadian version, but I've been led to understand the American version is a lot better anyway.
    I'm losing all those stupid games
    That I swore I'd never play

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathor View Post
    Lost, SYTYCD, Weeds, crappy reality tv shows, Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, The Office.

I'm always looking for new series to watch, anyone got any good suggestions?

EDIT: Janine, wow you like Twin Peaks AND Northern Exposure, those are my two fav shows of all time. Good taste! Know of any shows nowadays that are as good as those? I got into Lost because the writers of Lost were primarily inspired by Twin Peaks. I think you'd like Lost, as it's like Twin Peaks but more science-fictiony. Also, all of the Twilight Zone is available now at cbs.com (best sci-fi show of all time)
    Mathor, I must admit that I have watched more Twin Peaks then Northern Exposure. I like Lynch's sense of quirpy drama. His movies are good/intriguing, as well. Years back, I saw Blue Velvet in the movies; don't recall much about it now. I also not long ago I saw Mulholland Drive. Manolia highly recommended it and I have seen it several times now and discussed it with her through PM's.

However, even though I didn't watch a lot of the actual show, I have been to the little town of Roslyn in Washington State (where they filmed the show); I actually saw them shooting an episode of Northern Exposure on a beautiful late summer day; I thought that was pretty exciting. I picked up some nice post cards, while visiting there and I also took some cool photos; wish I had taken more; unfortunately, they are not digital. I recall getting one of side of the cafe. That was the best of the lot. I should try to watch the episodes online now; are they online? I guess Youtube would have them, right? One of my best friends was a big fan of the show, so I know it was pretty cool. I just looked it up online. You can view some neat photos of the cafe on Flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Rosl...e+Roslyn&w=all

Also, there is an article here where it tells how the residents of Roslyn were not all that pleased with them using their small mining town as the location of the TV series. See this link:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,316186,00.html

Twilight Zone was the best! I grew up with that show. My son loved it, too and he went on to adore the X-Files. I liked those, also; but nothing could beat the original Twilight Zone!

I love the Hitchcock Presents, now available on DVD sets. I remember that show well. I always looked forward to viewing it whichever night it aired. It is still so cool. Tonight I have to finish watching the Hitchcock movie Shadow of a Doubt; intriguing as always.

I love the show late at night with Craig Fergusen; I think he's a scream and he always has great guests; I also like Letterman; but mostly, I catch them both online, usually on Youtube. I enjoy earlier The Larry King Show on CNN; sometimes I catch it when he has a good guest.
    Last edited by Janine; 08-13-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Mathor View Post
    I've never seen the Canadian version, but I've been led to understand the American version is a lot better anyway.
    I love both versions, but I have to say that the Canadian version is more fair to the dancers - all of the Top 20 are given screen time during the audition process. There is also less filler - the results show is only 30 minutes. The Canadian version also features more styles of dance, such as capoeira, African jazz, dancehall, and house. When Dan Karaty guest judged, he said that the Canadian dancers were "second to none."

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    The original Star Trek series
    Sanford and Son
    Twilight Zone
    King of the Hill
    _________
    "I'm a doctor not a brick layer"

Blog Entries
    star trek, star trek and star trek

I also like desperate housewife's and Heroes
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

I'm not really into TV other than movies these last 10 to 15 years, but going back in time, my favorite shows were The Defenders, The prisoner, Twilight zone, original star trek. I also liked the first 4 seasons of Homicide:life on the streets, the Sopranos, Early West Wing. There was also an early western show with Richard Boone called Have gun will travel that I really loved.

Blog Entries
    Dr. Who
    Boston Legal (will be sorely missed)
    Dexter
    6 Feet Under
    Frasier

I better stop there or I'll be typing all night

Survivor
    The Amazing Race
    Dancing With The Stars
    America's Best Dance Crew

Got into 'Criminal Minds' not long ago. That show can be spooky.

Recently, it's all been about The Sopranos for me. I've finished series 3 and I am HOOKED!
    Well Stu I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, you know, a hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

Jeff Spicoli

I've been talked into watching the Stargate SG-1 series. I just finished season 2 last night, now on to season 3.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doctor Who is back on the box! There go my Saturday evenings for the forseeable future!
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche