Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favourite TV shows?

Blog Entries
    I haven't watched Firefly yet, I always have it as a show I know I'd like but haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    in the first Stargate SG1 episode Carter looks at a dialing device and says 'it took us 10 years and three super computers to MacGyver a thing like this' the camera zooms on Richard Dean Anderson's face who looks at her and raises his eyebrow. very funny
    Haha, that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelk View Post
    ...Zombie chick priest? What show is this?
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I haven't watched Firefly yet, I always have it as a show I know I'd like but haven't seen.
    oh you should! you really should, it's just 14 episodes and they are so very very good!
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    oh you should! you really should, it's just 14 episodes and they are so very very good!
    Only fourteen episodes! I've heard Firefly fans lament the fact that the show was cancelled, but I didn't know it was cancelled so soon.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

I keep hoping they'll do another movie. I know that won't happen but it makes me feel better to hold on to the fantasy.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idril View Post
    I keep hoping they'll do another movie. I know that won't happen but it makes me feel better to hold on to the fantasy.
    I know, I have heard people talk of more tv shows but I don't think that would ever work. a movie yes but I don't see it happening, maybe it will stay great cause they stopped on the top. But I have watched Castle and Fillion has grown... older.. anyway Jayne is my favorite and Baldwin doesn't change.

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

I know, I have heard people talk of more tv shows but I don't think that would ever work. a movie yes but I don't see it happening, maybe it will stay great cause they stopped on the top. But I have watched Castle and Fillion has grown... older.. anyway Jayne is my favorite and Baldwin doesn't change.
    Older and wider. . Have you ever seen the tv show, Chuck? Adam Baldwin has a major role...had a major role, the series is over now but the role of Casey had a a few shades of Jayne to it.
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    Older and wider. . Have you ever seen the tv show, Chuck? Adam Baldwin has a major role...had a major role, the series is over now but the role of Casey had a a few shades of Jayne to it.
    Yes I enjoyed Chuck, Baldwin was very cool in it, a tough soldier guy. Oh and his guest role in Castle was very cool.

oh the song about Jayne was so cool 'the hero of canton the man they call Jayne'

Wink

Yes I enjoyed Chuck, Baldwin was very cool in it, a tough soldier guy. Oh and his guest role in Castle was very cool.
    He was a great character. I'll miss that show. There is an old movie called My Bodyguard that features a ridiculously young Adam Baldwin. Check it out if you haven't already and if you can find it.

And yes, The Ballad of Jayne is a classic.
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    Just watched the season 2 finale of Game of Thrones, man it was good! Damn good show, I haven't read the books yet, maybe I should find the time to do that.

The scenes from the night-watch and Jon Snow were all shot here on the ice, I had no idea the ice looked so good on tv.

Blog Entries
    I just finished season five of 'Primeval' I do like that show. I loved Siddig in the last season. One great show, can't wait for more.

Next show is either 'Terminator: the sarah connor chronicles' or 'Farscape'. I am also gonna start 'Red Dwarf'. So much to do!

I like peep show; absolutely hilarious. Other than that, Ren and Stimpy, Married with children, and Seinfeld.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

For those Firefly/Serenity fans, check this out, it's pretty spectacular.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfr...th/7717701618/
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    For those Firefly/Serenity fans, check this out, it's pretty spectacular.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfr...th/7717701618/
    OOOHHH I want one!

I was just checking out a few photos of Joss Whedons 'Much Ado About Nothing' I can't wait to see it!!!

Blog Entries
    My Favorite TV show of all time would have to be: Friends. I mean I can't get enough of it. I know I can always count on chandler to brighten up my day!
    I enjoy Fringe too, from time to time.
    Her heart is played like well worn strings; in her eyes the sadness sings; of one who was destined for better things.

My favourites include Dead Like Me & Reaper. Both of which have sadly been cancelled now