Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How has God helped you in your life....

How has God helped you in your life....

I was saved last July and my life is not perfect! God gives you lessons and you are put through trials. But God can also bless you and he has done that for me! Right now i am happy and have never been better. I am starting to study the bible and you learn so much!!

Which God?

Cheers,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Pick a god...
    Imbulu the tree god gave me quiet shade, music, and breezes that I may think clearly no matter how stressful times may get. Tyr's lone arm drives me forward only in my every conquest. I pursue the knowledge of Cydonia on a daily basis. The Red Knight dictates to me matters of strategy. The eyeless (or three eyed depending on the story) keeps me in line. I worship Lalune and Selune, but never fail to pay reverence to the other gods and goddesses of my pantheon... Especially Ulthar.

Blog Entries
    I predict that this modest question will eventually become another endless god argument that we just cant seem to stop.
    When will it end?
    Everyone knows what's in room 101.

Everything becomes irrelevant, when the sky tears open.

"Hey Kevin." "What?" "Theres a ditch there." "Sh*t!"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinthediltz View Post
    I predict that this modest question will eventually become another endless god argument that we just cant seem to stop.
    When will it end?
    After a six foot drop and the ultimate scientific observation. The real question seems to be who wants to find out first?

Truth is, the statement for this thread isn't even a question. It's declarative. Just another beacon of faith for forum-moths to try and smother out, or immolate themselves with.

I've seen few debates here. Mostly arguments. Like monologues with feigning listeners waiting for their turn to scream their doctrine.
    Last edited by krymsonkyng; 03-16-2009 at 09:10 PM.

I feel like this is kind of like telling a child that they shouldn't believe in Santa Clause. if someone is happy, what is so wrong with them being happy? There's a difference between someone preaching their religion and someone saying "i'm so happy since i've found God". When someone says they are happy why would you try to end their happiness?
    I'm losing all those stupid games
    That I swore I'd never play

Blog Entries
    My question is why do people think it is irrational to believe and worship the source of all truth. God is one and infinite; there is nothing without or beyond God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathor View Post
    I feel like this is kind of like telling a child that they shouldn't believe in Santa Clause. if someone is happy, what is so wrong with them being happy? There's a difference between someone preaching their religion and someone saying "i'm so happy since i've found God". When someone says they are happy why would you try to end their happiness?
    Because an absolute happiness (a jealous god) conflicts with any other absolute happiness.

This is the source of so much conflict in the world... Give me a global atrocity without some sort of religious tone or motivation and I'll be satisfied to let ignorance remain as bliss.

Mere toleration is unacceptable. Respect requires thought, and observance and the decency to tell someone (as politely as possible) when you think they may be mistaken in their assumption. It is a competency founded on caring for your fellow man and his experiences. Not a blind "acceptance". Mere acceptance is temporary.

That said, which one and infinite god?

Blog Entries
    thank God for spheres of existence where happiness can be contained within and not shared with those who would challenge and delegitimize it so it accords with their own 'truth' as proven by their equally meaningful or meaningless internal self

(wipes her brow in sheer relief)

Quote Originally Posted by krymsonkyng View Post
    Because an absolute happiness (a jealous god) conflicts with any other absolute happiness.

This is the source of so much conflict in the world... Give me a global atrocity without some sort of religious tone or motivation and I'll be satisfied to let ignorance remain as bliss.

Mere toleration is unacceptable. Respect requires thought, and observance and the decency to tell someone (as politely as possible) when you think they may be mistaken in their assumption. It is a competency founded on caring for your fellow man and his experiences. Not a blind "acceptance". Mere acceptance is temporary.

That said, which one and infinite god?
    and why does that conflict? Why cannot two people just be happy in knowing that either of them could be very wrong? Why must humans know everything. What is so wrong about the idea that god could exist or not exist.
    I'm losing all those stupid games
    That I swore I'd never play

deleted. Had nothing to do with the thread.
    Last edited by krymsonkyng; 03-17-2009 at 02:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonkyng
    Because the penalties are absolute in nature. There are black and white consequences for being wrong, and they are used to frighten.
    Not in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiI View Post
    You speak later in your post of staying in the here and now, on this earth, bettering life now.

I would ask you to remain in the here an now and recognize that none of what you said has anything to do whatsoever with the poster of this thread, etc. Do you see what I mean?
    You're right. I should have started a whole different thread.

By now, I mean this life. The mortal coil. What happens beyond the grave is unimportant until we get there. God's daily comforts are nice, but they come with baggage. My tirade had no place here. God is working for you (Quiettime) in this life. Good.

Just please don't ever stop asking questions. Once you stop growing, you (and by extension humans) start dying. Please don't stop at god in your pursuits for happiness. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I posted in an unnecessary and irresponsible fury. Please forgive me. I have no idea what came over me...

Please may I start over?
    God, or my idea of what god must be helps me by letting me ask about things that bother me. I ask to space and ponder what solutions could work. Because I leave it up to someone else, it isn't difficult to make a decision. For me prayer is meditation, and it helps me daily. Sometimes though, I forget to think about my actions before I do them. "Vision without action is a dream. Action without Vision is a nightmare." The posts leading up to this, had passion without focus. Please excuse me once more...
    Last edited by krymsonkyng; 03-17-2009 at 02:26 AM.

This is really interesting. God has helped us in zillions of ways. In fact God is in everything. All our actions reflect God' s work.

We are only agents or carriers of God's wishes and we are totally the effects of what God does.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Every second, every minute, every day of my life, God is helping me, though there are certain times when I am not aware of His loving hands. Most of the time, He helps me discover myself by putting me in depressing situations for a period of time, perhaps to make me humble since I am too proud, and then when I finally feel too hopeless and too numb to make a move, He shows me miracles. And for this, i can definitely shout to the world that I LOVE GOD more than anything in the world.
    Vanitas vanitatum, dixit Ecclesiastes, vanitas vanitatum, et omnia vanitas.

Yo sé quién soy, y sé que puedo ser no sólo los que he dicho. - Don Quixote

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast