Thread: help finding story about man who pays wife for sex

help finding story about man who pays wife for sex

I remember reading a story where the husband is kind of a prick and mistreats his wife by cheating on her.

She eventually won't spend anytime unless he pays for it.

Can someone please, if you know, tell me the story's name. I have been randomly guessing the title and opening various stories. With over 300, this hasn't worked.

Thanks,

mramon

help please!

Smile It is called "La Paix Du Menage "--the Happiness of the Household.

Mramon,
    It was also one of my favourate plays by Guy De maupassant. The story you mentioned is a play, not a short story. That is why it is a bit hard to locate the story in the short-story list. Google has several books by Guy De Maupassant. One book on Google has contained two plays--both are equally worth reading and contemplating. The story you were searching is "La Paix Du Menage" or the Happiness of the Household. If you like La Paix Du Menage, you will also like "Musotte", the other play by Maupassant. He also wrote a short story "The wedding Gift" on the same theme. But the play "Musotte" is way extended in craft and by all means superior to the Wedding Gift.
    I hope this posting will help you find "The Happiness of the Household". Aye

Smile The happiness of The Household

Mramon,
    It was also one of my favourate plays by Guy De maupassant. The story you mentioned is a play, not a short story. That is why it is a bit hard to locate the story in the short-story list. Google has several books by Guy De Maupassant. One book on Google has contained two plays--both are equally worth reading and contemplating. The story you were searching is "La Paix Du Menage" or the Happiness of the Household. If you like La Paix Du Menage, you will also like "Musotte", the other play by Maupassant. He also wrote a short story "The wedding Gift" on the same theme. But the play "Musotte" is way extended in craft and by all means superior to the Wedding Gift.
    I hope this posting will help you find "The Happiness of the Household". Aye

thanks! aye!

thanks, aye!