Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Admin!

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Happy Birthday Admin!

Happy Birthday Admin! I hope it's your best birthday yet!!
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Happy Birthday, admin!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Admin!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday!!

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday, Admin, and thank you for providing us with this place.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Happy birthday, Big Boss!
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

Happy birthday
    Through the darkness of future past
    the magician longs to see
    one chance out between two worlds
    'Fire walk with me.'

Twin Peaks

Why pester someone for... formality hater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy birthday!
    Leaping and hopping like a frog now, but still have a long way to go before I get crowned as "King Frog"!

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Happy Birthday!

Here is an interview with Admin:

Are you sure you want to do this?
    Sure

Are you male or female?
    Male

How did you come about this site and what makes you keep coming back?
    Hmm, funny question. I built it.

Are you happy with the way things are here?
    Yes, mostly because there is a team of great moderators which means the day to day running of the forums I can leave to them. Which is awesome for me.

Have you visited other countries than your own and what did you like about it or not like? If you could live somewhere different from where you live now, where would it be and why?
    I've been to Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and Tanzania, and Holland, but never out of the airport. Two summers ago in Italy we went to Rome and Florence. Florence is so much better than Rome. If I could live anywhere it'd be here. If not, I hope to one day build a castle on a mountain lake in Tennessee to replicate the feeling.

Do you have any pets? Three cats. Sam (black), Frodo (black), and Gandalf (traditional siamese).

What makes you happy?
    My wife.

What is mankind's biggest achievement, and its greatest downfall?
    I'm going to say going to the moon, and our predilection to mob mentality.

If you had a long day of hard work ahead of you what music would you be playing on your mp3, while working?
    Lately I have been listing to celtic rock type stuff. Generally I prefer fast paced guitar rock, with a folksy bent at times, and I really like fiddles and violins so any music that uses them I tend to favor.

If you could take one book, music album and one video with you to a desert island, what would they be?
    FM 21-76 US Army's Survival Manual.
    I don't know if the Island has a stereo, but I guess I'd take Matchbox 20's first album, almost every song is good and it covers a whole range of feelings.
    Video, again, assuming the island has a DVD player, I guess I'd take a box set of Survivor Man (the TV show). If I'm on a deserted island with nothing but a stereo, TV, and DVD player, I want to be able to find food etc.

Do you feel comfortable in your walk with God?
    This question carries an assumption, such as, when did you stop beating your wife?

Which actor should play you in a movie based on your life?
    Jason Segel I guess. Not that we look alike, but we're probably of the same quality.

Giventhe option, what animal would you choose to be?
    An eagle. Decent long life, awesome flying ability, and it is illegal to shoot you.

What were your favorite things to do the past? What about now?
    I don't change much. I like to garden, I always have. Cooking is new though, I didn't start to like cooking till I got a new kitchen.

What makes you feel great about yourself?
    I'm lucky in that I've built a business that allows me great flexibility in my life. I like it when I give advice to someone to allow them to follow my path and a year later I get an email or something saying on how they've been able to quit their job because they followed my advice.

Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or not. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
    My Dad inspires me, his father was a janitor, and he is a doctor, he did it all himself, and he is very generous with his success. My wife inspires me, in many little ways.

What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)

Reaching things from the top shelf. I'm tall. Also, intelligence, does that count? I have any amazing memory, I can remember almost everything I read hear or see. I never needed to study or take notes when I was in school. I was a test ninja. If intelligence is defined as the ability to quicky learn and recall new things, that is the one natural gift I have. I have lots of skills (bo staff, magic, etc) but those aren't natural gifts.

If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
    Gardening, or cooking, but mostly gardening. I've got nothing on a professional chef. But I already teach gardening or cooking to most people I know because I'm always dropping facts (did you know... blah blah). Actually, this is not true, it'd probably be website publishing and search engine optimization, but I'd prefer to teach gardening.

What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
    Regret not the things you've done but those you did not do is one of my favorite quotes. I would have to say, though I'm not a father yet, having children.

What song is in your head at the moment?
    Home for a Rest

Which book are you reading at the moment?
    None, sacrilege I know. I read a lot of periodicals, and I've been really busy lately.

The last book you finished reading?
    Rereading A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin I think it was.

Favorite food?/ Comfort food?
    Cheese, aged sharp cheddar or parmigiano reggiano.

What time of day do you most often find yourself on the LitNet?
    Morning or very late at night.

What are you wearing at the moment?
    A bathrobe.

Favorite poem?
    This one is tough. I've traditionally liked Donne, and Yeats, but mostly Donne's A Valediction Forbidding Mourning. But lately, I'm thinking I prefer Tolkien's All that is gold does not glitter

First novel you remember reading on your own?
    A "novel" huh? Not just a book. Probably one of the Narnia books.

Favorite TV shows?
    Battlestar Galactica, Season 1 of which is the best TV ever produced. and Lost. Lost has really turned a corner lately and gotten really good. The "Constant" episode was the best single episode of TV I've ever seen.

Which LitNet members would you like to meet in person if you could?
    The forum staff. We've never met in person, but it'd be nice.

Favorite post on the Forum?
    I don't have one.

Favorite thread?
    I really don't have one. You don't pick a favorite child right?

Last food did you have?
    Last night we went to red lobster because I didn't want to cook and we had a coupon. We had desert, which was a molten cookie thing with vanilla ice cream on top.

Last words you said out loud?
    "Do you want to sit on my lap" to my cat.

Last person you hugged/kissed?
    My cat Gandalf, honestly. Hey, my wife left at 6:30.

QUOTE=Admin]What do you do (for a living) to be able to keep your LitNet addiction going? And are you happy with your chosen profession?
    I run my little Internet empire. And yes, I'm happy with it, the hours are great, and the boss lets me take off when I need to.

What question would you like to ask yourself?
    I don't know.

What would you like to be if you could change your profession?
    I originally did a dual major in genetics and computer science. I stopped because I was working in a genetic engineering lab and the research was boring and I decided I did not want to do it for the rest of my life. And I work in computers, sort of. I guess landscape designer if I had to switch.

Least favorite book/song/movie?
    Just one? Let me give you a list. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (so contrived to get us to want to pity a murderous monster just because it was mistreated when it was born?) Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant trilogy (yech! pretentious and predictable drivel. It is like Donaldson decided he wanted to make the most annoying protagonist ever to prove a point, to show "unenlightened" readers just how unenlightened they are for not liking him. Whatever, GRRM's books often feature point of views from characters you used to hate, and he can do it, because his characters are well written and multidimensional. Donaldson wrote one dimensional crap, I read the whole damn trilogy hoping for end game redemption, what a waste of time) Then I've also read some pulp fantasy by Jean Rabe, who is officially the worst fantasy author ever.

Music, Nickleback wins, why anyone listens to them I do not know. Thank god for satellite radio so I don't have to hear them every 5 minutes.

Movie. All the Pretty Horses. Such a bad movie.

The most generous thing you have done?
    I don't know, I don't keep score.

What is your most outstanding feature?
    What stands out the most is certainly my height, I'm 6'5

If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would that be?
    I really need a haircut right now, it has been too long, it IS too long. But aside from that. I guess I'd like to be ripped.

Which book do you wish you had written?
    Harry Potter? Just think, I could be the richest woman in England!

What is your favorite book cover?
    You really shouldn't judge a book on it's cover. I guess there was this book I read called "The Far Kingdoms" (pretty good, by the way) that had a nice somewhat oddly-styled citiscape painting on the cover.

Most and least favorite characters from books?
    Thomas Covenant is the least, because I never read the novelization of Star Wars and so cannot pick JarJar, and I don't think there is a novelization of Grey's Anatomy so I can't pick Izzy Stevens. Most favorite, right now a three way tie I think. Wallie Smith/Shonsu from Dave Duncan's the Seventh Sword trilogy (good, by the way, unique). Tywin Lannister from GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire, and Petyr Baelish from same. However, I must reserve the right to withdraw either of the last two as the series is not finished and its hard to know on which side those two are really on.

What would your biography be titled?
    Is "Dude, where's my car?" taken?

What should you be doing at the moment instead of answering these questions?
    Working.

Wonderful Superman or depressing Batman?
    Batman. Superman has no drama.

The most embarrassing moment in your life?
    I'm sure there must be one, but I cannot think of it, I tend to not get embarassed about things, I'm very laid back.

Which literary character (s) have you been told to resemble the most?
    I haven't been so told that I recall.

List some of the things that annoy you immensely.
    Cell phones. When driving, at the movies, etc. Also, idiots who burden society with their bad choices. You know the fat lazy smoker who eats McDonalds twice a day who has public healthcare. Here I am paying taxes like a sucker and eating good and exercising like a sucker so this lazy bastard who cannot manage to remove a greasy hamburger from his (or her) mouth, except to puff on a cigarette, sits on welfare and doesn't seem to care. This, annoys me.

Anything that you want to forget but you never can?
    Not really.

Tell us about some amusing translation mistake you have heard or made yourself.
    This one is funny. It was China during the olympics.

If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose and why?
    Smell I guess. Food wouldn't be nearly as good, but it'd be the safest to use. Sight, sound, and touch all warn you of danger at times.

What’s the first thing you’ll do in an embarrassing situation?
    Again with the embarassment? Probably smile.

Are you mostly happy with life or are you still in pursuit?
    I'm happy, but I'm always in pursuit.

What gives your life meaning?
    My wife, and soon my son.

What type of Faerie would you like to be and why?
    The boy kind?

What makes you laugh?
    Jokes. Good irony.

What was the happiest period of your life and why?
    Probably the period from say 2003 up until when the stock market crashed, yeoch!

What part of “Final” don’t you understand?
    I must be like the publishers of Final Fantasy. What are they up to? 13 now?

One final word of wisdom for LitNet users?
    Cruciferous.

What would you like to ask to the person to be interviewed after you?
    How did you meet your significant other? (seems to be a question you're missing).
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Admin, Search engine optimzation, where were you when I was killing myself revising for that test last year, ( actually tell a lie I really enjoyed that in the end and did quite well on it)
    great intreview...
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday admin and what an inspiring interview!

Completely agree with you on the Frankenstein - I was rattling on recently here - marking someone's work or something and they just completely romanticised the monster. If a child murderer in our world said he was abandoned as a child would we sympathise much? I think not.

If you had written Harry Potter wouldn't you be the richest man in England, and not woman? semantic hey...

Love the villa! Room for one and cat?
    We can never know what to want, because living only one life we can neither compare it with our previous lives, nor perfect it in our lives to come'
    Milan Kundera,The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Parce que c'est toi, parce que c'est moi

Proud to be a Teacher jhonerliz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy Borthday, Admin!
    Your Guardian Angel

Thanks all.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday! And thanks for starting LitNet!
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

loquacious cat mrawr
    Happy Birthday, and thanks for all the good years

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast