Thread: A Million Little Pieces.

A Million Little Pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...468702-9471800

I am currently reading this book right now, it's marvelous.

P.S. That's kind of a long link isn't it?

Cheers
    Братство

Great...I have six books on my nightstand waiting to be finished (including A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius that I just can't seem to finish) and NOW you mention this! I went to the excerpt and talk about an intro. I'm hooked (so to speak)
    Thanks alot!
    I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

No problem as long as I can intrigue one person that's enough. At least one person rises to the occasion.
    Братство

Very interesting, thanks Jack. I looked on the website of my favorite city's bookstore, and they have it in stock, so I will have to take a look. I found the brief selection your link gives very uniquely written and mysterious:
    I want a drink. I want fifty drinks. I want a bottle of the purest, strongest, most destructive, most poisonous alcohol on Earth. I want fifty bottles of it. I want crack, dirty and yellow and filled with formaldehyde. I want a pile of powder meth, five hundred hits of acid, a garbage bag filled with mushrooms, a tube of glue bigger than a truck, a pool of gas large enough to drown in. I want something anything whatever however as much as I can.
    I have also heard good recommendations and reviews of this book (A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius), lhaeber. When you finish it, you should tell us about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lhaeber
    Great...I have six books on my nightstand waiting to be finished (including A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius that I just can't seem to finish)

I made the mistake of reading the back of the book, which is upside down and opposite to the front, entitled 'mistkes we knew we were making'. It contains the author's notes, corrections, clarifications, apologies and addenda. It is hysterical, sad, sounds as though it was coming from my brain, you know those things you say only to yourself? I enjoyed it immensely, even his forward to the actual book was AWESOME, however, it's like eating the good part of the chocolate bar, like the nougat in an o'henry for example, and now, I don't care if I eat the chocolate. It's driving me bananas...hmmmm, chocolate and bananas...think i'll go eat something.
    I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

I just finished A Million Little Pieces last night, and it's one of the best books I have read in years. Years. The emotions are so clearly conveyed, and raw, and that fact that all of it is true just makes them more powerful. I highly highly highly reccomend this book to each and every one of you.
    Братство