Thread: The Two Baptisms of the Bible

The Two Baptisms of the Bible

Some of you, especially Christians, but also atheists, would appreciate reading this short document concerning the two baptisms of Christianity. It shows how the cross and the grave of Christ is related to the end of the world and the flood at the beginning of the world, respectively.

The most important part of the document is how artfully all of this is placed together, in such a way that you really have to ask yourself whether this is only the creation of man or whether there is a superior power behind these words, as it claims.

Hope you enjoy it

Christian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Christian,

To me it's word goo. It clarifies nothing, and only smothers it's self in rhetoric. Perhaps I'm just too stoopid to understand it. I find nothing to even suggest that this is anything but a creation of man hoping that their loved ones who've 'passed' are still aware and in some eternal state of bliss instead of simple star stuff.

Being agnostic, I could be completely wrong. And if it works for you....

Yours,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Granted it does assume some background on the part of the reader, but I do think it is clear enough to get a fairly good idea of the content.
    Last edited by Christian; 03-01-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Ahem

closed
    Ok so I read the first bit but it is very flimsy.

The tenuous connection between leprosy, sin, squashing birds and baptism was a bit much for me to be honest.

There are probably thousands of passages and verses that can be linked to each other in this way to claim internal verification of themselves (If that makes sense lol)

I may attempt to read it through completely a bit later when I'm more awake but its unlikey x

I hope this isn't your dissertation, no offense, but it isn't very well written. The use of 'you' instead of 'one', and also the use of I instead of third person perspective takes this from scholarly to mediocre. Plus, where is the objective distance, or any shred of it? You start off by talking about how special the text is for you, and miss the point - it's an analysis.

Either way, I guess a decent idea - nothing to profound, and a bit of a stretch. Certainly doubtful in terms of intent, but to each his own.

Really though, your conclusion, and the essay in general seems to be so flimsily written and so focused on its authors perspective that it ceases to be any form of research or criticism, and limits itself to the opinion of its author, not allowing others in. Sorry about that, but I just find it very poorly written.
    Last edited by JBI; 03-12-2009 at 02:43 PM.

The paper made no such claims and is what it is