Thread: Character's Analysis help!!! URGENT!!! PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

Character's Analysis help!!! URGENT!!! PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

I need to contrast 2 sets of characters in Shakespeare's King Lear to help understand their character better. Anyone help? Any specific references would be helpful.

Blog Entries
    I think it would be interesting to posit two opposite characters in order to explain them better... Try to stray away from Regan and Goneril (they are basically the same character, with little if anything that distinguishes them)

You should maybe try to compare/contrast Edmund and Edgar.. they're both interesting characters and and integral part of the plot. Edgar wears a disguise much of the time throughout the play, literally, while Edmund does so figuratively. However, Edmund's motivations are "evil" from the start, whereas Edgar's are unclear until the end. Edgar prevails in the end... but not all "good" does.

There is a lot to be said for all of these characters... but that's all I have for now. Good luck!
    "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours." -Aldous Huxley

"Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires." -William Blake