Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Kiss

Question Hidden Kiss

Can someone explain to me the meaning of a "hidden kiss"? I don't understand what Berry meant by this.

Thanks,

Logan

Hi there,
    maybe more info about what you're actually talking about would help. Berry, I'm guessing, is the author of a book and there's something with a 'hidden kiss' going on in it...
    I have a plan: attack!

and I thought this was going to be hot
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Get your mind out of the gutter, Koa!
    Last edited by Jay; 03-19-2005 at 07:55 AM.

Sorry...

I'm talking about the "hidden kiss" that Wendy and Mrs. Darling have in the story of Peter Pan.

oh, haven't read Peter Pan, sorry

Can you supply the sentences in the story which contain the hidden kiss?
    I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Of course.

Her romantic mind was like the tiny boxes, one within the other, that come from the puzzling East, however many you discover there is always one more; and her sweet mocking mouth had one kiss on it that Wendy could never get, though there it was, perfectly conspicuous in the right-hand corner.
    The way Mr. Darling won her was this: the many gentlemen who had been boys when she was a girl discovered simultaneously that they loved her, and they all ran to her house to propose to her except Mr. Darling, who took a cab and nipped in first, and so he got her. He got all of her, except the innermost box and the kiss. He never knew about the box, and in time he gave up trying for the kiss. Wendy thought Napoleon could have got it, but I can picture him trying, and then going off in a passion, slamming the door.
    And gayest of all was Mrs. Darling, who would pirouette so wildly that all you could see of her was the kiss, and then if you had dashed at her you might have got it. There never was a simpler happier family until the coming of Peter Pan.
    She started up with a cry, and saw the boy, and somehow she knew at once that he was Peter Pan. If you or I or Wendy had been there we should have seen that he was very like Mrs. Darling's kiss. He was a lovely boy, clad in skeleton leaves and the juices that ooze out of trees but the most entrancing thing about him was that he had all his first teeth. When he saw she was a grown-up, he gnashed the little pearls at her.
    Of course Peter promised; and then he flew away. He took Mrs. Darling's kiss with him. The kiss that had been for no one else, Peter took quite easily. Funny. But she seemed satisfied.

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    Hidden kiss= your innermost self, and the giving/sharing/revealing of such to the only truly deserving One?

I read this last night;"Mrs. Darling and Wendy Darling each have a hidden kiss - this kiss is hidden under the right hand corner of their mouths and only their true love can find it. Because Mr. Darling cant find Mrs. Darlings kiss, perhaps Barrie is trying to say that although she loves Mr. Darling dearly, he isnt her true love."
    I also found alot of items in Japanese erotica which referred to hidden kiss, but wasn't in the mood to analyse such a subject.

I also wonder if Mrs. Darling's hidden kiss represents her own hidden desire to be youthful, free, etc. "If you or I or Wendy had been there we should have seen that he was very like Mrs. Darling's kiss."

Quote Originally Posted by lhaeber
    I read this last night;"Mrs. Darling and Wendy Darling each have a hidden kiss - this kiss is hidden under the right hand corner of their mouths and only their true love can find it. Because Mr. Darling cant find Mrs. Darlings kiss, perhaps Barrie is trying to say that although she loves Mr. Darling dearly, he isnt her true love."
    Yes, but, that would mean everyone has a hidden kiss, wouldn't it? And Barrie makes it sounds as if it is a rare thing to have.

Also, Wendy could not find her mother's hidden kiss either, so..

I also found alot of items in Japanese erotica which referred to hidden kiss, but wasn't in the mood to analyse such a subject.
    o.o *Goes to look*
    Last edited by Logan; 03-22-2005 at 01:23 AM.

Of course he makes it sound rare, so is the appeal for holding your youth, valueing (sp?) it, measuring it by means of your actions, in his story, they are death defying (flying, crocodiles, pirates), Peter fights these symbolic entities which could force him to grow up, but he doesn't...The innocence of this kiss being hidden, they don't even know they're hiding a kiss, they can't acknowledge their youth, yes, maybe even inner child is wanting to jump out and they'd be better off for it, to "unclench". And how many of us can't find one or both of our parents' hidden kisses? Maybe this stands to signify their lack of emotional giving, they hide it because (even back then) it wasn't proper? What did kiss mean back then, anyway? Now, it almost always eludes to sex, but maybe back then it was a deeper show of emotion?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Love?

Quote Originally Posted by baddad
    Hidden kiss= your innermost self, and the giving/sharing/revealing of such to the only truly deserving One?

OK this is what they mean by a hidden kiss. It's actually a mole, like a beauty spot, that is on the right hand corner of their mouths. And they call that a "hidden kiss"..It's like a sign that someone is yet to kiss you..Just watch the movie.(with jeremy sumpter) itll make more sense.
    Last edited by jeremysumpter; 08-25-2005 at 01:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast