Thread: A man marries to have a home,but also because he doesn't want to be bothered with sex

Question A man marries to have a home,but also because he doesn't want to be bothered with sex

A man marries to have a home, but also because he doesn't want to be bothered with sex and all that sort of thing.

I don't understand what the last clause means. Can you help me? come on just any idea... was it because he was gay? or because he didn't want to be bothered as regards his sexuality? help me plz!!!!!
    Last edited by Regina61285; 02-13-2009 at 08:28 AM.

because he doesn't want to be bothered with sexuality?

What would there be to make you think that he didn't want to be bothered with sexuality? or that he was gay for that matter?

He had plenty of sexual encounters with various women throughout the book. Midred, Norah, and Sally.

I think the reason he married Sally was because he already had the idea in his head of a child. He knew that he could not live with himself and travel the world knowing that he had a child in this world that he was doing nothing to support. He also envisioned a life with Sally and thier baby. Once that got into his head he couldn't take what he had wanted to do before (regardless of the fact that it was a false alarm), it didn't matter to him to go exploring the world. In a matter of seconds it was not only his world but it was thier world and he wanted to be in it.

Also, I think it serves as a good ending to the book because Sally did not emotionally, physically or financially confine him, in that sense he is free.