View Poll Results: The Man of Steel, or the Dark Knight???

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman aka Clark Kent aka Kal-El aka The Man of Steel etc.

52 26.13%
  • Batman aka Bruce Wayne aka The Dark Knight

147 73.87%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman or Batman Poll

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    Quote Originally Posted by crisaor
    ...Portrayed as beacon of justice, Superman was a great way to push forward the propaganda that north america stood for liberty, democracy, and all that stuff. He works in the Daily Planet (thus, allegedly representing freedom of speech), where he meets a succesful journalist woman in Lois Lane (showing women's access and exit to jobs); he is the prototipe male, capable of incredible strength and a ridiculous level of naivety; and he's the protector of Metropolis, a single, small city which is supposed to represent the whole country. The comic of Superman shows a set of values and rules and an outlook on life based purely in an occidental capitalist view...

Oh yeah!!.....sweeeettt!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Superman

I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    I’m just out to find
    The better part of me

I’m more than a bird…I’m more than a plane
    More than some pretty face beside a train
    It’s not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie
    About a home I’ll never see

It may sound absurd…but don’t be naive
    Even Heroes have the right to bleed
    I may be disturbed…but won’t you concede
    Even Heroes have the right to dream
    It’s not easy to be me

Up, up and away…away from me
    It’s all right…You can all sleep sound tonight
    I’m not crazy…or anything…

I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    Men weren’t meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees

I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
    Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
    Only a man in a funny red sheet
    Looking for special things inside of me

It’s not easy to be me.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Batman vs.Superman match still on the cards
    Posted on Sat, 4-Jun-2005

"Batman Begins" producer Charles Roven seems pretty certain that one day the chap with the cowl and the dude in tights will team up.

Naturally, says Roven, "Batman vs.Superman" depends on the success of Batman and Superman's first solo missions.

"It all depends on the success of Batman Begins and Superman Returns", he tells IESB, adding that the current script for "Batman vs Superman" is superb.

"Batman Begins" star Christian Bale, who would no doubt be reprising his role as the Caped Crusader in the two-hander, says there might be a few solo missions before the teaming, but ythat it should happen.

"Batman vs.Superman" was the movie Warner Bros. were considering doing inititally - before deciding on solo missions for both characters. Wolfgang Peterson was attached to direct at one point, with everyone from Jude Law to Colin Farrell and John Travolta (yep, Zuko in tights) in the running to play the crimefighters.

One of the many problems in getting the film off the ground was getting two actors locked into the pic. A spokesperson for Christian Bale told us at the time that, "...all rumoured participants have various conditions with regard to casting/money/marketing rights. For example, actor A may choose to do the movie ONLY if actor B is playing opposite him. If B drops out, A has the option to drop out or insist on Actor D, etc. ... Actor C may sign on with a condition that he makes the same dollars as Actor B. If he doesn't get it, he'll walk."

Ultimately, Peterson decided to go off and make "Troy" instead, and "Batman vs.Superman" was shelved.

In "Batman vs.Superman", the Caped Crusader's girlfriend dies and Superman snags the blame. This leads to a conflict between the two crimefighters, not helped by the appearance of both heroes' long-time enemies.
    from http://www.moviehole.net/news/5727.html

Date: June 4, 2005
    Source: IESB
    Author: Robert Sanchez

Will we ever get to see Superman square off against Batman in a live action movie? According to Producer Charles Roven "it all depends on the success of Batman Begins and Superman Returns". He also did say that the current script for the project is excellent.

So will Christian Bale and Brandon Routh team up for this "clash of the titans?" Rumors have persisted that both actors contracts have a clause for such option if both franchises end up being successful.

When will this film happen? Christian Bale told the IESB today during the Batman Begins press junket that Superman vs Batman could happen down the line but not as an immediate sequel but instead after a few more Batman solo successes.

This is an early synopsis of Superman vs Batman:

When Bruce Wayne goes out seeking bloody vengeance on the murderer of his new bride, Jennifer. Superman opposes him, fights him to the near death - then it's discovered that the guy behind Jennifer's murder is also this big baddie in Superman's circle and they unite to fight. Warner Bros. has commissioned a script from Andrew Kevin Walker ('Seven') with Wolfgang Petersen ('The Perfect Storm') directing. This is a different project from either Batman 5 or Superman 5.
    from http://iesb.net/rumors/movies060405.php
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 06-07-2005 at 09:28 AM.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Batman is more than a man. He's man's ultimate potential fulfilled. Self-taught, self-trained, self-disciplined. The peak human. His is the Will to Power; much more the Nietzschean ideal of the superman than, uh, Superman.
    When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

NotC4News

Batman worked for his powers while Superman's came freely.

I'm a fan of both of them. I've read both their comics (not every single compic book, but a few) and all of their movies. But I prefer Batman over Superman. Although Superman has the heroic and unrealistic superpowers that most boys admire, Batman is more realistic, and someone you can relate to. He seems... very passionate.. dark and mysterious, which is more admirable then unrealistic powers. As Bongitybongbong said, he worked for his title, and I personally think hes much sexier :P. Maybe it's because he is a masked man, something about it is very arousing.

Let's compare the two iconic heroes across the mediums they've broached:

TV:
    Batman: The Animated Series (1992) vs. Superman (1988)

No contest here. The original Batman: TAS which aired on FOX in 1992 is widely considered to be one of, if not, THE finest animated series ever to grace television due to a pioneering style of animation coined "Dark Deco" and mature storytelling that was often morose hence appropriately reflecting the dark knight's callous demeanor.

Advantage: Batman

Comics:
    The Dark Knight Returns (1986) vs. The Death of Superman (1993)

Frank Miller's take on the dark knight is one of the seminal highlights in comics and one of the few examples noted in justifying the literary merit of this medium. Yes, Sups made an appearance but, make no mistake, this is Bruce's tale through and through.

The Death of Superman was, well, an all-out slugfest.

Movies:

I'm only going to consider the first 2 Bat films which starred Michael Keaton as the last 2 Joel Schumacher abominations are too painful to bring up. With that in mind...

Jack Nicholson (Joker) > Gene Hackman (Lex Luthor)

There you have it folks! Batman takes it by a landslide.
    Last edited by strategos; 06-08-2005 at 07:47 PM.

yeah, I have to admit, I didn't like the last 2 Superman movies. The Batman ones are much better. Is anyone going to see the "Batman Begins" movie?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust_ox
    yeah, I have to admit, I didn't like the last 2 Superman movies. The Batman ones are much better. Is anyone going to see the "Batman Begins" movie?
    From what I've read and heard of so far, the latest Batman flick is winner and purported to revitilize the franchise. After the last two films, I don't see how it can dig itself into a deeper hole.

hmm.. I still have mixed feelings about it, and i'm wondering if it's actually worth my time and money.

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    ....I can't help but smile every time I see this thread revived......it is both too deep and too shallow.........and too funny .........and I stand by my comments as to Crisaor's insights (Reost # 61)

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Ill admit I never read any of the comics but I hated the batman plots in all the films/ cartoons I saw and I like Kent hes a genuinly nice person. Maybe he is meant to represent not to take things at surfface value or that there is a hero in everyone.

actually I didnt really like either My favourate hero has got to be Zorro...
    even though batman is a bit like him in that he was a human pretending I could never like Bruce wayne and the villans were just too wierd for me thanks!
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Batman is better cause he has no super powers or anything. He's just a rich dude who uses his money to keep justice working in his neighbourhood. And what Frank Miller did with the series was excellent.
    Anyone seen Batman Begins by the way?

Frankly I hate Superman. He has whatever powers he can desire (it seems to me) but never uses them to their quickest and most efficient potential. By the way, myself being a Spiderman fan, I am slightly offended by his exclusion from the choices present. Anyone agree?

April, come she will... scruffy_danny's Avatar
    By the way, myself being a Spiderman fan, I am slightly offended by his exclusion from the choices present. Anyone agree?
    Nah, Superman's the best!!! His costume is really outstanding.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast